Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with cabelas.com with regard to ammunition? They sell "factory remanufactured", which I assume means factory reloads.

$280 for 1200 rounds of 158 gr .357 semi-wadcuter practice ammo seems very reasonable, especially since it comes in an ammo can (well, 4 ammo cans) instead of boxes.

If they have acceptable quality buying 1200 rounds of JHP as TSHTF ammo sounds like a good idea, too (survival hunting and defense ammo, not for use in daily carry). $330 for 1200 rounds of 158 gr .357 JHP, again comes in 4 ammo cans.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Only thing ive Shot was 9mm and it was ultramax they were selling as there reloaded ammo shot pretty good 29 for 300 at the time wasnt a bad price

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had good luck with the 45ACP they sell this way.

I did not really like the 308 I bought since it was I believe they said roll sized. The cases looked a little rough like it had been chemically cleaned, and showed what looked like etching on the case.

The accuracy was good but I threw away the cases instead of saving them for reloading.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
I've always thought the rifle ammo was overpriced compared to other sources on the web.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've used the .357 158gr swc and .38 158gr swc for quite awile now and have had no problems with it.

since i don't reload I save the brass and sell it once a year at the scrap metal dealer. It's not alot of cash but better than just throwing the empty cases out.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I guess that's like $12 per 50 - which for that does not sound too bad. I haven't tried it and anyways reload but my bullet choice is 158 SWC's so from that POV it would get my consideration. Only thing I wonder is if bullets good and hard and if gaschecked - I prefer to run gaschecks for my .357 load.

Overall I have had the impression that Cabella's ammo is on the pricier side compared with the likes of Ammoman and Dansammo etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts