Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went and turned in my app did fingerprints and all yesterday.
today i get a call from the sheriff for a meeting we sit and talk awile then he grants my permit. im sitting there thinking wait this is cali it cant be this easy then he stands up shakes my hand and says "my secratary needs to finish the paperwork she will give you a call tomarrow to come pick up your permit." i think wow did that just happen but im not a rich person. so there is hope for cali amen

·
Registered
822 Posts
You should have asked to see his medical pot card cause he sure was smoking something :22a:

:kidding:

Congrats on your permit. Tell others where you got it (so anyone in that part can get also), what you and the Sheriff talked about, etc..

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
23,999 Posts
Congratulations wishicould! :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban: :danceban:

You probably came close to setting a landspeed record! :haha:

Be careful, shoot well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you don't mind, what county was this and what speciic reasons did you provide? This is a hot topic amongst our Cali brothers!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
This has to be something of a record surely. :eek:

Kudos to Sheriff - wonders will never cease. Well pleased for you. :smilez:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Geeze. That shoots a hole in my California stereotype.

Congrats!

·
Registered
9 Posts
wishicould said:
ok so i went and turned in my app did fingerprints and all yesterday.
today i get a call from the sheriff for a meeting we sit and talk awile then he grants my permit. im sitting there thinking wait this is cali it cant be this easy then he stands up shakes my hand and says "my secratary needs to finish the paperwork she will give you a call tomarrow to come pick up your permit." i think wow did that just happen but im not a rich person. so there is hope for cali amen

Congratulations wishicould!

I join the others in asking: which county you received it in?
-Jeff

edit: reworded

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wayne said:
You should have asked to see his medical pot card cause he sure was smoking something :22a:

:kidding:

Congrats on your permit. Tell others where you got it (so anyone in that part can get also), what you and the Sheriff talked about, etc..

Wayne

i dont want to put my county in danger of loosing its permit isues so all i can say is that all the residents here know as our sheriff is using his pro gun and permit stance for his campaign however i can say what we talked about. His concerns and i had to sell myself i was completly honest his bigest concern was my age i am young but i told him about my views and oppinions on cary and use of my handgun being as i have a perfect record in a town full of cons and excons he really had know reason to refuse any more ? just ask i will try to be more exact but i will not name my county so please dont ask

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've been told it depends on what locale you reside in. Some areas of California are pretty lenient when it comes to granting licenses, some won't at all.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Excellent! Congrats! I guess you'll be voting for that Sheriff upon reelection, huh?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Good job, We now know somebody with one in Cali.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
OK, I wont ask you to name your county. I do, although,think it's kinda strange(??) that you wont."Put my(your) county in danger of loosing it's permit issues", HUH?? How 'bout helping the other potential CC people in your state/county.The more people that have their permits,the harder it will be for those people to lose their rights.
This IS what you want,right? Something is wrong here !! --------

·
Registered
988 Posts
+1 RSSZ

I don't understand the whole "I can't tell which county I'm in" issue. I would think, as many others will suggest, that the more people you have in the county who CCW responsibly would certainly help bolster the cause.

Regardless, congo-rats on your permit. :danceban:

·
Registered
69 Posts
There are a few counties in CA that are pretty much shall issue. I live in OC and have recieved preliminary approval pending DOJ and FBI background checks. As I have never been in major trouble I expect to receive my CCW shortly.

CG

·
Registered
47 Posts
CCW in CA...

I was a whistleblower in a multi-million dollor criminal/civil case and even with death threats and late evening knocks at my door the San Diego PD laughed at me when I even mentioned getting a CCW.
:twak:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts