Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The theory was disproven:

Darwin Award Winner Pulls Gun on Cops to "Test a Theory"

“What I was hoping for them to do was tell me, ‘Drop the gun! Back away from the firearm! Get on the ground! Turn around!’ And it was going to be an arrest,” he said. “But I was completely wrong.”

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I don't consider this a "Darwin" incident. I am of the opinion that he had ill intentions when exiting the vehicle with the weapon. This is probably his attempt at an excuse to beat the wrap on one or more of the charges by saying he didn't have "intent" - which typically incurs more serious charges.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Just proves all the book learning and memorization may get you a nomination for a Darwin Award but it's all useless when you don't have the common sense of a gnat. He's right where he belongs and I don't believe his cock and bull story either. Book 'em Dano.

·
Registered
9,439 Posts
Reactions: ep1953

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
This story kinda correlates with G26Raven's thread on moving on the draw. The bad guy was obviously not familiar with his enemy's (LEO) thinking and tactics. It sounds like he was assuming the cops were playing by the " Hill Street Blues" or some other police drama series playbook.

·
Registered
11,608 Posts
An update on this from ABC 23 News in Bakersfield. In addition to attempted murder and assault with a semiautomatic firearm on a peace officer, he is also charged with possession of a firearm by a felon, and participating in a street gang. And, on top of that, he entered a plea of "not guilty" yesterday.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
This guy's full of "BS". 'I was just trying to show my friend that some cops are good. But see, I was wrong the nasty old Policeman shot me . . . they're the bad guys not me.' Give me a break.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Too bad the officers weren't able to add some chlorine to the gene pool.

Reactions: OD*

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
This guy's full of "BS". 'I was just trying to show my friend that some cops are good. But see, I was wrong the nasty old Policeman shot me . . . they're the bad guys not me.' Give me a break.
Either that or he watches COPS on TV too often. They are the only LEO's I've seen that are nice enough to just Taze a BG.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Super Moderator
24,661 Posts
Well, he's already shown to be a poor decision maker.

........possession of a firearm as a convicted felon and participating in a criminal street gang........

1 - 20 of 30 Posts