1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
I am with jmf552 that shall issue” would be a remedy. PA is a shall issue state, and it has been working here since CCW permitting began. Unless you fail to pas the NICS or PICS reviews you get a permit. PICS is the Sage crime reporting system. It is possible to pass NICS and not pass PICS, but that is rare. guess what? PA does not have a gun crime problem equivalent to CA where the draconian “may issue” policy is a proven failure.

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Good luck to them. Based on the Peruta ruling and the magazine ban, I don’t have high hopes but I wish them well.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
The SF bay area—no surprise there. Yes, shall issue statewide would be great. Well, it's a step in the right direction and good to hear. We'll hope for an outcome that favors liberty.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
It's too dangerous for the Commissars to give the Plebs access to weapons. They are adequately cared for by the government. End.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was reading today that the US supreme court is going to consider a gun rights case and the left is afraid of what will come of it due to the conservative majority. From what I understand the issue at hand is basically local authorities passing laws that violate 2nd amendment rights.

Perhaps it will come to pass that locals will not be able to enforce their versions of gun control.

·
Registered
788 Posts
24 years as a cop, retired as police chief. Always amuses me to see them all dressed up with rank insignia and as much foo-for-rah as possible to display. Reminds me of generals in banana republics.

I remember my guys wanting permission to wear this or that nonsense on their duty uniforms. My reply was always that a badge and name tag were enough. By the mid-90's we were wearing jeans and boots with uniform shirts, Carhartt coats in the winter time (sub-zero temps pretty common), straw hats optional in the summer (temps regularly over 100 degrees and 336 days of sunshine per year), baseball caps optional year-round. Don't recall anyone ever having trouble identifying the cops, and never had enough officers that they had trouble remembering who was the boss or who my #2 was. Local Eagle Scouts provided auxiliaries when needed, and several became cops themselves.

Of course, I was out on the high plains of Colorado (flyover country), not in the rarified atmosphere of Kalifornia (home of the enlightened and anointed); and my focus was protecting lives and property, not building a brave new social order.

Just a few more ramblings of an old man. Move along now, nothing to see here.

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
I'm not defending the Sheriff, But the news piece is not News it's an Opinion piece written like news. If the DA is investigating anything at all its political corruption. The lawsuit was a freedom of information suit filed by Mercury News. [ That happens every day].
And there is no law that says She has to approve anyone's CCW!

The Citizens may be upset, but that's not what I get out of this article. Just one news guys bluster......

The only way that county is getting there CCW's is to get it on the ballot to make CCW's Shall Issue. And I don't see any clamor for that there! DR

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
What gets me about this picture is the ladies eyes, is she related to Adam Shif*t? Her eyes are all wide open in a peculiar way like his is? A guess would be some kind of medications that makes a persons eyes sub-normal, or rather zombie like?
Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
788 Posts
What gets me about this picture is the ladies eyes, is she related to Adam Shif*t? Her eyes are all wide open in a peculiar way like his is? A guess would be some kind of medications that makes a persons eyes sub-normal, or rather zombie like?
Thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Most likely a residual effect of long-term brainwashing.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
There are a number of mental health professionals who have dealt with the criminally insane (yes I still use that term) who believe the "bug-eye" effect is a sign of a serious mental condition.
@retired badge 1 Yup..Officers in other departments I worked around used to hope the stars would drag the puffed up wearer down to a watery resting place. I don't know whether they were serious or not.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
There are a number of mental health professionals who have dealt with the criminally insane (yes I still use that term) who believe the "bug-eye" effect is a sign of a serious mental condition.
I worked in the natural health retail bidness for a while many years ago and remembered the mothers bringing in young boys (usually was boys) in a desperate attempt to find out what else they can give their child. It seemed that doctors are drugging the mess out of these kids?!

The boys would have eyes like that and stand in one spot like a zombie, the mothers would say that the kids were on ADHD or other drugs - these kids were like, 7 & 8 yo!!! Not right, I’ve always thought that possibly it was the medications that did this to these people?

IMHO the mom’s needed to give these kids a bike and sent outside to play! :yup:

·
Registered
33,868 Posts
I was reading today that the US supreme court is going to consider a gun rights case and the left is afraid of what will come of it due to the conservative majority. From what I understand the issue at hand is basically local authorities passing laws that violate 2nd amendment rights.

Perhaps it will come to pass that locals will not be able to enforce their versions of gun control.
That would be the hopeful outcome, but don't start up the chicken-counting machine just yet.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

I do not have high hopes for this case. Their recent history, if they take ANY 2A cases at all, is to rule in such a narrow way that it cannot set precedent for any of the other types of laws. Also, they have not made ANY moves to slap down the circuit courts that have been defying them where the 2nd is concerned. With the NY law at issue, it doesn't seem like there is enough there that applies outside of that particular case for it to be very helpful. The fact that THIS is the 2nd Amendment case they chose to hear, leads me to conclude that they are probably just going to use this as an excuse to dodge the issue for 10 more years, and just say "hey, we ruled in your favor in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. New York, so shut up and go away". I'm betting that they'll rule to strike the NY law, but the ruling will be on such narrow grounds that it will not apply to any other case. When other states enact similar laws, and they are upheld by the circuit courts, the Supremes will refuse to hear them or otherwise bring the circuits in line.

This is how it has been for too long. They are NO help. Heller and McDonald should have been the beginning of a monumental landslide of infringements being overturned, and instead these landmark decisions have been passing gas in the wind... I've long since lost any hope for relief from the Supreme Court, no matter who they appoint to it. Change my mind...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I do not have high hopes for this case. Their recent history, if they take ANY 2A cases at all, is to rule in such a narrow way that it cannot set precedent for any of the other types of laws. Also, they have not made ANY moves to slap down the circuit courts that have been defying them where the 2nd is concerned. With the NY law at issue, it doesn't seem like there is enough there that applies outside of that particular case for it to be very helpful. The fact that THIS is the 2nd Amendment case they chose to hear, leads me to conclude that they are probably just going to use this as an excuse to dodge the issue for 10 more years, and just say "hey, we ruled in your favor in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. New York, so shut up and go away". I'm betting that they'll rule to strike the NY law, but the ruling will be on such narrow grounds that it will not apply to any other case. When other states enact similar laws, and they are upheld by the circuit courts, the Supremes will refuse to hear them or otherwise bring the circuits in line.

This is how it has been for too long. They are NO help. Heller and McDonald should have been the beginning of a monumental landslide of infringements being overturned, and instead these landmark decisions have been passing gas in the wind... I've long since lost any hope for relief from the Supreme Court, no matter who they appoint to it. Change my mind...
The NY law no longer exists. They changed the law as soon as they realized it was going to go to the supreme court. Typically such cases would be dropped by scotus because they are now moot. NY believed they would lose (which would indicate even they felt it was unconstitutional) and a decision against them *could* have bigger consequences to other anti-2A legislation. There is a belief that scotus (at least some members) want to hear the case to address that action. Simply dropping a law because it is being challenged would seem to indicate NY was knowingly infringing people's rights and only dropped to not have it decided in a court. I'm sure many of us believe there are plenty of unconstitutional laws with regard to 2A, but as long as they are never challenged and found as such, they continue to stand. So, I can see that they would fear a potential decision that could have consequences to more than just this specific law. I'm giving it a 50/50 chance that they will drop it during the initial hearing on the mootness of the law.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Thoughts?
You can simulate this effect by gobbling speed every few hours and not sleeping for five days straight.

And, yeah, her walking around with a O-10’s stars is a joke. I will say, though, that that is also true for some actual O-10s

1 - 20 of 37 Posts