Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the name of that book, I haven't read it yet, but heard it' worth reading.

Sounds like a prime example to me.:rant:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/04/10/call.death.ap/index.html

A little boy called twice, and was told by the operators to quit playing on the phone.:aargh4:

Fieger said he plans to file the wrongful death lawsuit against the city of Detroit on Monday.

I'm no attorney, but I think Precedence was set long before now.

This lawsuit is probably D.O.A. For the little boy, I hope it's not.:rant: :aargh4:

·
Registered
529 Posts
That was on the news this morning...

Kid's lawyer was there with $$ in his eyes...

The kid will never have to worry about $$ or education again.

They played the tape in question...The operator was way out of line.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Where I'm from the police will show up on a 911 hangup or even if you accidentaly call and tell them not to show up(somehow i pulled that off awhile back). Then again I'm not from detroit.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I can't speak to their specific policy, but here, even if we think it's a prank call, if we can't get an adult on the phone, police get the call.

·
Registered
635 Posts
This is a serious problem. 911 should take every call as life threatening and let the cops handle the bad apples. The problem is Fieger. His presence on the case makes it seem cheap and money hungry.

·
Super Moderator
25,602 Posts
I've been watching this one since it hit the news, and in this case I DO think this kid deserves everything any lawyer can get for him!
:mad:

The whole situation is just unthinkable!! I sure hope that the operator or operators are now unemployed.

·
Super Moderator
13,425 Posts
We just recently had a news report that said in my area, thousands of 911 calls were unanswered last year.

It makes me think that I ought to buy a gun.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Even if the kid had been playing on the phone, why would she not send an officer over to tell him its not ok to prank call 911. Here in Edmond, if you call 911 no matter what happens police will be at your house shortly. Hang-ups, kids, it does not matter. I feel horrible that the boy will have to live with the loss of his mother for the rest of his life, when he did exactly as he was taught, HE CALLED 911. I guess its true that common sense is not so common anymore.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a feeling, this case will bring to light what a whole lot of people thought was their saving grace, is actually a defunct system.:yup:

How many fence sitters do you think this will sway?

I'm not trying to totally trash 911, I think it's a pretty good system and It's better than nothing, and a whole lot more than what a lot of other countries have, but it's not the end all of protection and security a lot of people would like to believe.

·
Super Moderator
13,425 Posts
I'm not so sure there are fence sitters, or not many. And the anti's will pay no more attention to this tragedy than they will any other facts. They are emotionally geared to getting rid of guns, and will rarely be influenced by truth.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I've known a couple of good dispatchers, but by and large: those who can-do; those who can't-dispatch. About as useful as Poison Control telling you to, "Put a great big dollop of butter on that deep burn, 'fore them guys in the truck git there.":ticking:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts