Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Interesting that the prof teaching military history, who seems to have great trepidation about the law, is wearing a Combat Infantry Badge, he's a Viet Nam vet. Yet he's not supportive of students (and faculty) exercising their natural, 2A protected, rights.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I graduated from Texas Tech as did the lovely Mrs. Camjr. My son is a junior there now. He's 20 and not able to carry. He's not a gun guy and I don't expect him to get his license to carry in the near future. I did ask his opinion on the new freedom to carry most everywhere on campus. Despite not being a gun guy, he has a good perspective on it. He told me that knowing that the evil doers already had them on campus, he feels better that responsible people are now able to be armed on campus. He said it's not for him, but at least he's realistic about it. He just laughs about the sex toy protests at UT, saying those should be concealed as well.

It was nice when I was up there last weekend that I could carry everywhere I went on campus. There were a few places that prevented carry on campus, but not widespread at all.

Cheers.

Reactions: BackcountryGuy

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Interesting that the prof teaching military history, who seems to have great trepidation about the law, is wearing a Combat Infantry Badge, he's a Viet Nam vet. Yet he's not supportive of students (and faculty) exercising their natural, 2A protected, rights.
Neither is Adm. McRaven.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts