Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got testy with me after I spent a lot of green on the Kimber Ultra I just bought. She said "oh, you'll spend $900 on a Kimber but I have to carry a Rossi revolver?" "Just goes to show you how much you think of me" and so forth. Once she began sighting dumb things I did over 10 years ago I knew I had to make amends and like real fast.

She always wanted the "Rainbow gun" (sig p238 in rainbow titanium) we saw at the LGS. So I actually found one on Armslist, Brand new, never fired, and bought it this morning. I got a steal on it (I think) at $600 and a box of .40 S&W rounds.

I gotta say, this would be an ideal gun for those workdays I have to go to the office and need a deep concealment gun. I love the ergos (since I am a 1911 man at heart) and the controls. So the question becomes, what will people think of me if I accidentally flash my weapon. Will they think I am.....ya know......not a man so to speak......:embarassed:

Would any of you burly men carry this thing?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
OK, so let me see if I got this right. You buy her a new gun and before it has the new off of it, you are trying to steal it from her and deep conceal it at work? What is she supposed to carry when you are carrying the "rainbow", her "old" Rossi?

For some reason, I don't think this is working out quite the way she had it planned. Or were you planning to trade your new Kimber for her "rainbow"? Didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem carrying it. The OP might, since his wife was already testy with him. She would probably say, "I see, you didnt buy the gun for me, you bought it for yourself and I'm still stuck with this Rossi revolver".:argue:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Friends dont let friends carry mouse guns. :tongue: Or rossi revolvers, shame on you....:wink:

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
No one is going to see it except the dirtbag who attempts to harm you, and his opinion will be a limited one.:shockwh:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Nobody is going to see it, who cares? Could be a pink Hello Kitty gun for all it matters. Aesthetics mean jack if you ever have to use it for self defense.

That said, if your wife wanted it and you bought it for her, why isn't she getting it? Get a small gun for your pocket down the road if you see a need for it. Let her have her pistol.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I care less about what it looks like as long as it is concealable, accurate, reliable and has the punch to stop the bad guy.

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I would carry it in a heartbeat. Its a heck of a gun, regardless of what color it comes in. I would be more concerned with the potential concealed frying pan your wife may have if you take her new toy away, and a rossi revolver..... tsk tsk tsk. Give her the Sig, she deserves a gun as equally awesome as your kimber... and besides you will never hear the end of it if you dont, and you can always borrow it, if she lets you. Just remember, accessories should accentuate and not clash, so make sure it complements your shoes and earrings :rolleyes::danceban:

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I "stole" her new carry gun she would be carrying my Kimber Ultra. But we have since talked it out, it is pretty clear, Im not allowed to touch HER pistol!

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
It's clear that your issues here go far beyond the finish on this gun. You appear to have some rather deeply-seated concerns that continue to hinder your progress as a man and a husband, and I believe until you work these things out you will continue to struggle with some inner demons.

For a nominal fee, I think I can help you. Just lie down on the couch, and we'll begin a session.

And get comfortable there .... because if you keep stealing her guns you'll be sleeping there a lot.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's clear that your issues here go far beyond the finish on this gun. You appear to have some rather deeply-seated concerns that continue to hinder your progress as a man and a husband, and I believe until you work these things out you will continue to struggle with some inner demons.

For a nominal fee, I think I can help you. Just lie down on the couch, and we'll begin a session.

And get comfortable there .... because if you keep stealing her guns you'll be sleeping there a lot.
Hard to gauge inflection, are you seriously questioning my man and husband ability based on a post that is meant soley in jest? Really?

Reactions: ironmike86
1 - 20 of 131 Posts