Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That may become an easy answer if I continue down this current path.

First...there was the assimilation. :borg:

Going to the range and of course, it never burps...so I figure I'd play with it a bit and try out a few mods...

G17 smooth face trigger and trigger bar
Extended slide release
Ghost 3.5 connector
Ghost spring kit
25 cent trigger job (do a Youtube search)

Trigger is lighter and a LOT smoother. Turned out to be a great range gun since I won't be carrying it with the internal mods. What I find to be pretty cool, is I can change it back to factory stock in about 10-15 minutes tops, if I decide to carry it.

Second...I get the hankering to get the G23 a sibling...

G27gen4 FDE for a carry gun...:danceban:

This one will get the 25 cent trigger job to smooth up the action, but no internal mods.

The two brothers...

What also turned out to work well in my favor, was the arrival of the new AIWB holster the day before...

So without further adieu...my new carry rig...

Now I pose the question...can there...will there...be others? :embarassed:

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
20,629 Posts
Welcome to the dark side!

Reactions: Dnbailey

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Ghostmaker told me this: "Yes...YES! Welcome to the "Darkside" as they say here. Soon Austrian plastic will run through your veins and your transformation will be complete!!!!! (Que Darth Vader music)"

I thought he was kidding......
BEWARE.....
HE WAS NOT....

I cut myself today and bled dark grey.
RESISTANCE IS FEW-TILE.....

·
Registered
773 Posts
My glock 23 gen 4 has been outstanding, I shoot it @ 50 yards every time I go to the range and the gun just amazes me. That holster looks like its a quality piece.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yes...the "Darkside" is creeping in ever so quietly...like a hammer upside the noggin. LOL

The G23 has been a lot of fun so I expect the G27 to be the same, just in a little smaller package.

The holster is a Garrett Silent Thunder Slim Appendix. It's leather lined kydex that makes for a quiet draw and re-holster and also happens to be extremely comfortable. I have one for my SP101 and they do make a quality product and they get them out usually in a couple weeks.

Garrett Industries, LLC Designers/Manufacturers of Custom Kydex and Leather Holsters and Tactical Gear

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Ahhh. Well Done on your new purchases! And YES... you can become a Glockophile. If you don't know it by now, you are already well on your way.

Reactions: SmokinFool

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I see no problems with it, just sounds like you appreciate + enjoy some quality handguns. Nice pair of glocks you got there. As someone who hated glocks around a year ago and now has two (and eyeing more), they definitely multiply quickly.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Sigs to Blocks. I think there is a twelve step program to help avoid potential problems like this. Seek help fast.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
It happens. Trust me.

So long as you run it well, who cares?

I'd see guys running around with Glock 26s. Damned ugly things. Looked like a guy chopped off the lower half of the grip with an axe. Ridiculous. Why a guy would carry a hideous looking ergonomic nightmare that was only half a pistol, well, that was their problem. You weren't gonna catch me with one. Glocks sucked.

Then I shot a 19. And a 32. And a 31. And a 22........

Have a Gen 4 19 and 32.

I will get my new 26 on Monday.

As I said, it happens.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Me like.

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
I'm not a big Glock fan but I do love Garrett holsters. How do you like the AIWB? I run the regular IWB rigs for my Nano and HK USP and really like them. I think the Nano would be a good candidate for appendix carry but I've never tried it before. I've got a bit of a gut but I've been steadily losing it over the last couple months. Another month and I might be able to do it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Congrats on the new additions!

Yeah, I think it goes both ways. I caught myself looking at some HKs the other day.

Good deal on the FDE model, btw. I have a FDE Gen3 G19. ;-)

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
It can be cured with a liberal dose of 1911.

I'm livin' proof...

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Ghostmaker told me this: "Yes...YES! Welcome to the "Darkside" as they say here. Soon Austrian plastic will run through your veins and your transformation will be complete!!!!! (Que Darth Vader music)"

I thought he was kidding......
BEWARE.....
HE WAS NOT....

I cut myself today and bled dark grey.
RESISTANCE IS FEW-TILE.....
Ahhhh...Yes.....your transformation is complete now....I see that....soon this Sig-Resistance will be crushed and the power of the "Darkside" will over shadow all......(Que Darth Vader music again....)

Reactions: dben002

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Congrats on the new pistols and welcome to the dark side.

My nephew owns a couple of sigs and a Springfield 1911 and recently bought his first glock and the first time he shot it he was surprised on how well such a reasonably priced gun could shoot. He is not completely converted yet but I will continue to work on him.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Didn't happen to me.

In the first 3 months of this year I got a G22 a G23 and a G27. All are gone now and replaced with a Sig 1911 RCS.

They were great guns but they just didn't fit my hand right. Glock knuckle was killing me making them painful to shoot.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts