Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this image on the web, and I'm stumped as to what it is. It appears to have a polymer frame, a slide mounted saftey or deckocker, and an external hammer. I think it looks sweet.
Anybody know what it is?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does actually. It still doesn't exactly match any Walther I know of, especially not anyone in 9mm, which the article, and apparently the photo, are specificall referencing.
The article itself had no mention of this particular pistol, only showed this photo at the beginning.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
It does pretty closely resemble a Walther PK380, but it's not quite the same.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I'd venture a guess that it's an airsoft copy of a Walter P22. It definitely ain't a '9mm pistol!'
I'd say it looks like the Walther P99, but you are right - it is not a 'real' gun. Take a close look at the bottom of the grip where there should be at least a slight gap where the bottom of the magazine meets the grip. It is completely solid, as in there is no magazine - it is all one piece. As you said, it is likely an airsoft or other non firearm.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Agree with Psycho41, it resembles a P99, but still not right in several elements. P99 does not have an exposed hammer. Also a P99 has a decocker "button" built flush with the slide, not a decocker lever. As has been said, not a real firearm.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
It's a Walther P22
The early production P22 that I owned (for a short time) didn't have that angled mag extension. :blink:

·
Registered
412 Posts
The rail looks like the same style HK uses on the USP series, the slide looks a little reminiscent of HK and is that a HK style magazine paddle release under the trigger guard?

I'm betting Airsoft!

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Looks like a Ruger 22. Not the MK 111 the new one they came out with. On a second look with no markings on the slide, it may be air soft. You got me. ??????

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
It could be a neutered, royalty free likeness of a Walther with identifiers removed and slight adjustments (by photoshop or similar) to avoid copyright and usage infringements.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Fake.

Ever see a decocker mounted on its shaft with a slot-head machine screw?

Reactions: CaptSmith

·
Registered
290 Posts
Fake.

Ever see a decocker mounted on its shaft with a slot-head machine screw?
The real P22 has a slotted screw head in the decocker lever. On both sides even...

And there is no "gap" between the grip and the mag floor plate, because there is no magazine in the photo. You can see the step in the butt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts