Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
YouTube - The Wire: Brother Mouzone shoots Cheese

A clip from The Wire, some strong language in it. I have a guess as to what the pistol used is, but I'm not sure and am interested in your opinions...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well, it's not a Sigma or a Glock or an XD.
The trigger guard is distinctive, but I can't place it right now.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
My guess, and only a guess, is a CZ...not the P07 as I though, though.

Although, for some reason, the grip also reminds me of a Taurus...

Never a really good look at anything more than the muzzle or the grip...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was thinking Taurus as well.
I looked online for photos of the left side and the only models I saw did not have what I assume is a safety at the top of the grip/frame.
I was also thinking a Ruger SR9, but that doesn't seem to be it either.
Can't find a CZ that has an internal hammer. (photo shows no visible hammer)
I dunno.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Astra 9mm? Looked more like a Cobra at first...but that trigger and housing shape isn't right.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts

I was going to say the trigger guard and trigger look like an Astra, but the grip shape isn't right. That and the missing hammer. Maybe a version different from this one?

The butt, trigger guard and trigger are shaped like a CZ, but the safety, sights and slide release are wrong:

Maybe it's a prop pistol. That is one skinny space between the trigger and the backstrap for a magazine to fit and there is no visible mag release for a right hander's thumb. It would have to be .380 at most.

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
Stage prop made to look like a Taurus 24/7----shot one a few months back. Not a bad gun & pretty inexpensive. (I don't think they make a grey frame.) It looks like the bottom half of the slide has been painted grey, along with the frame.

I like it better than the new S&W M&P.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone think it could be a CZ110? To me, the 24/7 is right out, the M&P has a similar grip, but the frame/barrel and controls are wrong...

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
Anyone think it could be a CZ110? To me, the 24/7 is right out, the M&P has a similar grip, but the frame/barrel and controls are wrong...
I think you're right!

(p.s....What is the extra device right behind the ejection port? It looks like another sight?)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,845 Posts
I think you're right!

(p.s....What is the extra device right behind the ejection port? It looks like another sight?)
Never mind....I found out what it is:

The rear sight is dovetailed into the slide, and gun featured an "single hand charging device" on the top of the slide, behind the ejection port, which is used to be engaged against belt or any other object to hold the slide while shooter pushed the gun forward to cycle the action.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Looked to me like a GP6 at first, but that CZ110 looks more accurate.

-B

1 - 11 of 11 Posts