Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I can buy the Federal HST ammo, or is it only sold to Law Enforcement?
If civilians can buy it, where?

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i did not see it being avaible on line and federals sight lists it in the LE only part of the sight so probley out of luck unless you find soem at gun show

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's Bud!
I just wait till I get on some city's PD or SD.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have purchased HST. Trouble is I cannot remember where!!

Two things bother me about getting older; first I have have trouble remembering things. Second...... darn I can't remeber the second thing!:gah:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Here is some interesting info I found on the Federal Tactical ammo.

It seems the only advantage to the Tactical Ammo has is automobile windshield penetration.

For the entire article
www.thegunzone.com/miami-ammo.html

When Federal came up with their "Tactical" bonded core handgun ammunition the nasty letters rolled in again. Elitist Federal... and their lackey... me... were conspiring to prevent the "knuckle dragging mouth-breathers" from an adequate means of penetrating automobile windshields. This was the only thing that the Tactical ammo did better for in other test events it was on a par with conventional ammo. The complainers forgot that civilians rarely have that justification.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Try here http://mahsupplies.net/ I have purchased Winchester Ranger from here in the past. He also carries Federal. Great service and prompt delivery.
Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for the sites.
I just ordered 550 rounds of HST in 45 so I can do a 200rd reliabilty "carry" load test for my USP45 Tactical & Para P13.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts