Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very reliable S&W .380 Bodyguard that I have in the shop for s repair to the laser screw/bushing and have been filling in with my 9mm Shield. I pocket carry primarily and the Shield can be a little large for that in some of my clothes. I was thinking, since S&W has the rebate thing going, that I would pick up a second .380, the one without the laser. Was wondering what the thoughts of the group would be about a second S&W .380?
I pocket carry a lot and find the .380 is my favorite fallback when I can not carry my 9mm.
Thanks, Frank.

·
Super Moderator
18,788 Posts
Bet cha' can.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
I'd say you answered your own question really. You like the gun, it's been a solid performer for you and it works well for your style of carry. I say have at it, what do you have to lose?

·
Super Moderator
18,788 Posts
I love owning and using guns that aren't festooned with gadgets. I'd go for it. You might find that you favor the pistol without the laser.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Of course! Good deal. Good gun. It is always helpful to have s backup of the edc. Sometimes the edc goes in for a tuneup and you would not miss a beat. Plus you have two pockets: you could carry two .380s!!!:yup:

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
With that small of a pistol and one designed for SHTF in your face encounters, you probably won't even miss that laser.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
I like to have a backup to my favorite carry guns for just that reason. Now's the time to buy.

Reactions: maxwell97

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
Yup. If you're going to have two of anything, a tiny gun that you can carry any time is the type to do it with, for just the reason you illustrate.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Think of it this way...at these low prices you can always get most of your money back if you decide to trade it later on.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
helderberg I bet you could figure this out all on your own but encase you really need and outside opinion you might want to buy a vedder or foxx single hook hybrid so you have the option of a IWB carry where tucking in a shirt is possible if that matters so you could conceal your shield . But if you think you really need another 380 by all means do what YOU think you need to .

·
Registered
400 Posts
Opinions? That's all we have here. Have all you want!

If you want and can afford a second Bodyguard as a backup, why not? That's my opinion.

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I have 2 LCPs...do it

·
Premium Member
8,118 Posts
I bought a second G42 "because two is one and one is none" as you found out when you had to send in your Bodyguard.

Then, for good measure and because I wanted another .380 that was a little larger but still good for concealed carry, I bought a Bersa BP380cc. I've actually been thinking of buying a second Bersa (maybe one with the silver slide instead of all black?) but I fear that Gramps would seriously consider becoming upset with me if I did that. :mad:

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Most often carried set is dual LCPs. Go for it.

I'd suggest you run through a low light course, and then decide about the laser. Might be an eye opener.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I now own a Bodyguard with and without a laser. I really like the new stippling on this .380 but I must say the trigger is much heavier. Not bad just heavier but the gun is very tight. Did my usual test, full mag and ride the slide to see if it seats. It does and it did it in style. Solid lock up and smooth slide rack. Fed HST without a problem and hope to get to the range on Thursday so will let you know what the final score is. As an old j-frame guy the long trigger is not a problem and somewhat of a fond memory. I had to let my Airweight's go as my old hands just could not handle the recoil.
Thanks again for all your support, Frank.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Take your time and weigh your options, This is after all your life.

I would have to say that I agree with Dave909, if you really like the bodyguard and it performs well for you by all means get what makes you feel comfortable and what you like. However if your asking for any other options I would recommend you at least go around if there is no rush, look at the Kimber micro 9s, the sig P938s though. They are about the same size as your bodyguard but a 9mm. It's just a thought. Ultimately you have to carry what you are comfortable with, what you feel is reliable and what makes you feel safe. The worst thing you can do is change because someone else tells you to change. You will never feel right about it deep down.

******A side note (IN MY OPINION) I never liked Lasers, I personally ignore them and rely on the sights or my aim, I find a lot of people having problems with them chasing the lasers and not able to hit their target accurately, then again some people swear by them so it is ultimately up to you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not a laser fan, but whatever works for you. I do have two Kimber Micro's because it's mainly what I carry. If one breaks I'm not stuck carrying something bigger until it gets repaired. It also comes in handy when you don't want to clean your pistol right after a range trip, just slip the clean one into your pocket!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again people. This is a great forum.
Frank.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts