Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
From my understanding it is until the law goes into effect. You will want to double check to be sure..

·
Super Moderator
25,124 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
July 1 is the Effective Date. Check that yourself, here: http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/clics2013a/csl.nsf/fsbillcont3/590C29B4C02AFC2F87257A8E0073C303?open&file=1229_enr.pdf

In other words, you can have a "Private Sale" until July 1, under current law.
That deadline of July 1st is driving a whole lot of activity here in Colorado.

By the way, we are not a massively liberal state. If you are a conservative looking for a great place to live, please move here!
We need more conservative voters to help us tip the balance back to where it belongs!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,124 Posts
We have a Medium-Large Red component, a Medium sized Blue block, and a ton of wishy-washy undecideds in the middle. That's why Colorado will be a battle ground on a host of issues until we take the state back :lolp:

Besides, the Campaigner In Chief is coming to Colorado to "Congratulate" the Damnorats that shoved this #$%(*&^[email protected]#$ down our throats. :puke:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The law that I saw does not make it illegal to sell a gun to another private party, it just makes you go through a dealer to get a background check on the buyer. I think the state is now charging 10.25 for background checks, have not heard what the dealers are going to charge to do it on their end.

·
Registered
87 Posts

By the way, we are not a massively liberal state. If you are a conservative looking for a great place to live, please move here!
We need more conservative voters to help us tip the balance back to where it belongs!!!
I agree ..... The liberal loons campaign as moderates to fool the uniformed but once elected they have shown their true colors..... They need to be fired...

·
Registered
87 Posts
The law that I saw does not make it illegal to sell a gun to another private party, it just makes you go through a dealer to get a background check on the buyer. I think the state is now charging 10.25 for background checks, have not heard what the dealers are going to charge to do it on their end.
Like any other tax they are passing that on to us.... the law abiding consumer... :mad:

·
Registered
87 Posts
That is the truth... I have been busy buying magazines for my Ruger SR9c, my new Mini 14 and even some for the 10/22 rifle that I don't even own yet.... All this to beat the timeline for the ban....

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm hoping the marijuana legalization will eventually work to our advantage. Hopefully, the liberals will get high enough that they start forgetting to vote.

Reactions: 84160

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
We lived in Colorado (Security) back in 1975 & '76. It is surely different now. I feel for you down there, and I'm sorry to disapoint you but I'm NOT moving to that place ever again. Bunch of crazy loons have taken over the state.......

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
... to "Congratulate" the Damnorats that shoved this #$%(*&^[email protected]#$ down our throats. :puke:
Now, now. That's no way to mince words. Particularly after the )*(-kicking thread we just had, over yonder. :tongue:

Time to start taking pencils, pens and computer keyboards away from legislators. They can do oh-so-wicked things with those puppies.

I wish y'all in CO good tidings, for the rest of the year. Hopefully some of this crap can be reversed.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'm hoping the marijuana legalization will eventually work to our advantage. Hopefully, the liberals will get high enough that they start forgetting to vote.
Prepare for the invasion of hippies and occupiers. ...I'm so sorry.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Prepare for the invasion of hippies and occupiers.
Now, there's an idea: Occupy Colorado. More worth saving than DC ever was.

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
It's not just hippie liberals who smoke the ganja.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
True, but they'll be the first ones to pack up and move to the first states that legalize it.

Also, good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I read a Colorado ad and the dealer charged $20 for his services and $10 for the CBI check. I imagine you will have to ship to a FFL dealer to make an out of state sale and the buyer will be paying the fees.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.