Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can some please explain to mr why the hell crimson trace lasers are so flipping expensive??!!!!! i mean my god 200.00 + clams for a freakin accessory?

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
Hmmm... really expensive plastic? I use a lasermax centerfir on my LCR because I refuse to pay 330 bucks for a laser grip

·
Premium Member
5,007 Posts
I believe it's called "what the market will bear"...

Reactions: Taurahe

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Because, well... you cant fix stupid. Thats why. Oh yeah, watch the language work arounds too.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
can some please explain to mr why the hell crimson trace lasers are so flipping expensive??!!!!! i mean my god 200.00 + clams for a freakin accessory?
There are less expensive alternatives.....such as a maglight penlight and duct tape for about $14.00 at Lowes Home Improvement.. may even be able to get red or green lenses...

but seriously...I don't have a clue but I know I'm not buying one even at half that price.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are less expensive alternatives.....such as a maglight penlight and duct tape for about $14.00 at Lowes Home Improvement.. may even be able to get red or green lenses...

but seriously...I don't have a clue but I know I'm not buying one even at half that price.
I like your style. . spoken from a true southerner.. hahaha I kid... I kid.. your aaallll right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I purchased mine for $249. off e-bay. I think they can be gotten for less if you shop around...availability is the issue. Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't know enough about laser technology to say for sure, but in addition to profit, the device has to withstand repeated recoil - repeated thousands of times - and continue to work every time it is activated without fail. I'm guessing that the durability takes some extra cost and care in the manufacturing. In any case, I have both a Laser Grip and a LaserMax and have been impressed with both.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Just learn to point shoot. Even lasers can fail.

Reactions: 65108 and Hopyard

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
arnt those still over 100.00 bucks? thats still a lot of cabbage. .
I have found them for 65 bucks on sale..... mine came with my LCR but I really like it and would gladly spend 100 bucks on it. It is very useful for trigger control training at home, as well as low light shooting and such.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I'd guess CT are probably more expensive because they aren't universal; specific models are needed for specific types of handguns. So, any particular model doesn't have a very large market, but still requires dedicated design time, testing, tooling, setup, logistics, and marketing. This brings up the cost.

I'd also say that this makes them, probably, the best; it turns on when you grip the weapon (far better than a switch forward of the trigger guard), without wires running around to get caught when drawing. This also makes them cosmetically nicer, since they don't make it look like you stapled Christmas lights to your handgun. And, as Nutrodoc says, they have to be well-built to keep functioning after firing without losing the sighting.

Not that I'd buy one personally, at the price, but I understand why people would. Some people buy a $1000 1911 instead of a $600 Glock; that's what they want and what they shoot well with. Some people buy CT's instead of cheaper brands. Cadillacs cost more than Civics, even though they all drive on four wheels.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd guess CT are probably more expensive because they aren't universal; specific models are needed for specific types of handguns. So, any particular model doesn't have a very large market, but still requires dedicated design time, testing, tooling, setup, logistics, and marketing. This brings up the cost.

I'd also say that this makes them, probably, the best; it turns on when you grip the weapon (far better than a switch forward of the trigger guard), without wires running around to get caught when drawing. This also makes them cosmetically nicer, since they don't make it look like you stapled Christmas lights to your handgun. And, as Nutrodoc says, they have to be well-built to keep functioning after firing without losing the sighting.

Not that I'd buy one personally, at the price, but I understand why people would. Some people buy a $1000 1911 instead of a $600 Glock; that's what they want and what they shoot well with. Some people buy CT's instead of cheaper brands. Cadillacs cost more than Civics, even though they all drive on four wheels.
Couldn't have said it better myself, especially the conclusion in bold.

Any further debate on the issue, I'm afraid, will devolve in to class warfare.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You can always save a few more pennies and buy the LCR .22 and practice, practice, practice your point shooting as was mentioned. I bet my LCR 22 has paid for itself twice over in ammo savings by not practicing with .38/.357.
What better excuse do you need to buy a new toy...

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I can't figure it out either. I have a cheap laser (Streamlight TLR-4) and a middle range one (Lasermax Centerfire on my LC9), I really don't see how the Crimson Trace can be that much better than the Lasermax, it holds zero after hundreds of rounds just fine (the Lasermax). Overall, I'm not a big laser fan in general though.

Crimson Trace and Kahr are the two firearm related products that I cannot figure out why people think they are worth as much as they cost.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I have CT on my SP 101 it goes back and forth between them. I keep telling myself i'll get another but cash desire and availability have not coincided.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't figure it out either. I have a cheap laser (Streamlight TLR-4) and a middle range one (Lasermax Centerfire on my LC9), I really don't see how the Crimson Trace can be that much better than the Lasermax, it holds zero after hundreds of rounds just fine (the Lasermax). Overall, I'm not a big laser fan in general though.

Crimson Trace and Kahr are the two firearm related products that I cannot figure out why people think they are worth as much as they cost.
I have the Streamlight TLR-4 on my G17 and love it! I have the crimson trace laser grip on my G26. For most folks neither may be necessary, but with my older eyes it just seems to make things easier. All the better to see you with....LOL

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
I have three Crimson Trace Laserguard lasers and only paid $159.95 for each NIB with free batteries for the life. The CT Laser Grips for my wife's LCR cost $190 and I bought all four at the same LGS at his standard customer price......maybe the sellers have put the Obama markup on them, it's called gouging the customer.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
- IMO, the instinctual activation makes it the best laser on the market. No fumbling around looking for a switch.

As for cost, every one that I've purchased was between $150 and $200 street price.

Reactions: thoricuncle
1 - 20 of 20 Posts