Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this box for a while there's just something I like about it, I cant make out any serial numbers or anything like that. It has a little Colt catalogue and a fairly old magazine with no external markings. I know its older stuff, before my time at least, but it's hard for me to date..
colt box.jpg

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Can you post a pic of the exterior of the box?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
coltbox6.jpg coltbox5.jpg coltbox4.jpg coltbox3.jpg coltbox2.jpg

One of the pictures includes the owners estimated annual income with the high being $12,000 per year...this might help

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
The magazine may be a government contract production. I remember seeing some in the supply system back when the 1911 was still in use by some units (before the M9 was fully implemented) that did not have any stamping on them at all.

This is just my best guess on this one. Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The manual has an address that includes a zip code.
Zip codes were introduced in 1963 and became mandatory for 2nd/3rd class mailers in 1967, so I'm going to guess that it dates to the early 70s.

Is the pistol original to the box? I couldn't make out the slide markings - is it a series 70?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The manual has an address that includes a zip code.
Zip codes were introduced in 1963 and became mandatory for 2nd/3rd class mailers in 1967, so I'm going to guess that it dates to the early 70s.

Is the pistol original to the box? I couldn't make out the slide markings - is it a series 70?
oh no, I just put the gun in there for a reference to size.. that Colt is a 2013 XSE govt.

Thanks Ghost I appreciate the help, the contents are in pretty good shape considering the est. age

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now I just need an old government model to match the manual in age & condition...Can anyone let me borrow a few grand ?
I'll gladly pay you next Tuesday for a Colt today ...:wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts