Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain what SF means in Glock terminology? I can't find it on their website anywhere.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Short Frame. The good folks at Glock decreased the dimensions of the backstrap slightly making the G21SF(45ACP)an easier gun for those with average hands to shoot comfortably. I think they've done this with the G30 and G36 the other 45ACP guns in their inventory. The regular G21 was a "fat" pistol in the backstrap laterally(from web of hand to trigger finger)so this was a welcome move.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The SF (short frame) is 3MM shorter.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Slim Frame it is! Thanks for the correction!

·
Registered
882 Posts
IT IS NOT SLIM FRAME!

SF stands for Short Frame. The trigger reach is slightly shorter.

It also stands for Still Fat, if you ask me. :smile:

·
Administrator
21,213 Posts
Well now I'm confused. I've always heard it as slim frame, but Combat Handguns has it listed as Short Frame....Top Glock has it listed both ways...

:banghead: I guess the world will never know till Glock updates their websitre

:crazy:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Select Fire... :image035:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Are all Glock 21's made today "SF" models? Or do they still make both, and the "SF" is something you have to look for specifically?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well a lot of people always say it stands for slim frame but it is in fact short frame. Glock has a slim line which the only pistol in that line up, to date is the 36 ( 6 shot .45acp):wink:

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Actually a lot of the controversy between "slim" and "short" comes from the original description of the G36 and the new descriptions of the G21, 20, 30, and 29 models. When the 36 was originally marketed...it was advertised as a "Slim Frame" due to its new single stack design. The newly designed "less long from backstrap to trigger" models are "Short Frames"

1 - 20 of 31 Posts