Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Governor takes a Covid 19 patient and instead of putting them in the hospital, a room or ICU, they put them in a nursing home! So you lock up a sick person knowingly, in a room of people that can and do die from this sickness. The Governor also knows the staff is not prepared nor has the medical gear to protect anyone from this persons sickness that is very contagious.

You don’t need me to name names, but you may see him running for POTUS sooner or later.

How is this NOT murder?

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
First, why? What I keep hearing is that there is no shortage of hospital capability to treat COVID. Second, the problem with the nursing home thing is more about introducing a sick person into a population of healthy, but older, people and letting that sick person infect the rest. If you take a COVID patient and put them in with other COVID patients, they can't infect each other because they are all already infected.

Also, it is not murder by any stretch. Governors set policy, they do not directly decide on any individual's care options. Yes, policies cause deaths, but not directly. Also, any patient can refuse any treatment option. That doesn't make what that governor is doing right, but it also does not make it murder.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First, why? What I keep hearing is that there is no shortage of hospital capability to treat COVID. Second, the problem with the nursing home thing is more about introducing a sick person into a population of healthy, but older, people and letting that sick person infect the rest. If you take a COVID patient and put them in with other COVID patients, they can't infect each other because they are all already infected.

Also, it is not murder by any stretch. Governors set policy, they do not directly decide on any individual's care options. Yes, policies cause deaths, but not directly. Also, any patient can refuse any treatment option. That doesn't make what that governor is doing right, but it also does not make it murder.

How do you figure that the people that live in the nursing home had an option? Didn’t look like they had an option as to if the hospital unloads on them.

Same as them letting prisoners out cause of Covid and locking up other people for not social distancing.

I say it’s the same as murder, prolly second degree but still....:rolleyes:

Reactions: RedSafety

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Can you tell us which state and maybe we can guess who the Governor is?
It is NY and Cuomo. He made a terrible policy decision to force nursing homes to accept recovering COVID patients, allegedly resulting in thousands of deaths. He has been sharply criticized for it. The NY state assembly should impeach him. The voters should not reelect him. But neither will happen.

It was rotten leadership and if you actually read the NY law on homicide it is a fair editorial comment that he might be guilty of thousands of counts of second degree manslaughter. But it would never be murder and the whole idea is a fantasy anyway. He will never be charged with anything.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Not sure you can charge the commie with murder.
But sue his a.. into oblivion with a wrongful death lawsuit.
Or as we were discussing elsewhere. Find a rope and a tall tree and administer justice the old way.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I doubt he will ever get charged with murder and I do not think it is but definitely could be considered a wrongful death. I am surprised he did this because so many say he is doing such a great job of handling the pandemic.

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I doubt he will ever get charged with murder and I do not think it is but definitely could be considered a wrongful death. I am surprised he did this because so many say he is doing such a great job of handling the pandemic.

:rolleyes: Respectfully, that “like” is just for half the post ~ the last sentence is IMHO, laughable. He’s lied the whole time, he would have done great in China! Cuomo and President Eleven are soul mates if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
:rolleyes: Respectfully, that “like” is just for half the post ~ the last sentence is IMHO, laughable. He’s lied the whole time, he would have done great in China! Cuomo and President Eleven are soul mates if you ask me.
Yep I remember a month ago when Cuomo said every state was going to be just like NYC in a week and still a lot of states under 100 deaths a month later.

·
Registered
8,140 Posts
Cuomo has covered his backside for lawsuits, though. He got the Health Commissioner and the Assistant Health Commissioner to sign off on it. Also, in the order, it has a clause saying the nursing homes can only take the patients if they are set up to properly treat COVID patients. If they are not, they have to report their non-competence to the state. If they don't make such a report, they have to choice.

I think all the nursing homes who don't want these patients should stand up and say they are not ready to care for these patients. But then they will probably get a state health inspection and get fined or shut down. Cuomo has stated they all should be capable to take the patients. So he has put nursing homes and their patients in between a rock and hard place. But he can always point at one of the loopholes and say, "Look here, it's their fault."

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
When Cuomo was first asked about this a couple of weeks ago, he claimed to be unaware of the policy. Now just yesterday, we find out about more than 1700 previously undisclosed nursing home deaths. This guy has been a Kung Flu disaster, and I can't believe the way the media are making him out to be some kind of hero.

Oh, and now he's saying that out-of-state health care workers who volunteered to go to New York to help with the crisis will have to pay New York income tax. What a prince. BTW, prince is a euphemism, but the first three letters are correct.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts