Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if your spending a night out on the town having a few drinks are you still allowed to carry?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
It's illegal in NC.

Reactions: dmitchsr

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
As a former waiter, I'd refuse to serve alcohol to anyone that was open carrying. It'd be irresponsible of me. Now, I personally wouldn't do it, but I have no problem with anyone having a drink while carrying.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
In FL one can have a drink and carry, just not in the bar part of a restaurant (as in the restaurant part of Applebee's)...but you can't sit in the bar part of a Applebee's to have a burger without drinking and be armed.
Don't know who wrote that law, but it beats a lot of other states.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I find it varies by state, and Retsupt becareful on that one. There has been a LEO and Judge that interpret that part a little differantly.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I find it varies by state, and Retsupt becareful on that one. There has been a LEO and Judge that interpret that part a little differantly.
Do you have a cite for that? I'd be interested in reading about that. The statute is very clear as I read it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
In KY, no!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Dont have a cite, the guy was later found not guilty. I have family in law enforcement, and it got passed around the LEO's. Thats how I know about it. But the guy was charged, and went to trial I do know, and found not guilty.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Dont have a cite, the guy was later found not guilty. I have family in law enforcement, and it got passed around the LEO's. Thats how I know about it. But the guy was charged, and went to trial I do know, and found not guilty.
What was the beef? Was he at the bar and carrying or in the restaurant portion drinking and carrying?

·
Registered
90 Posts
In Tennessee, § 39-17-1321 states that you cannot be under the influence.

39-17-1321. Possession of handgun while under influence — Penalty. —

(a) Notwithstanding whether a person has a permit issued pursuant to § 39-17-1315 or § 39-17-1351, it is an offense for a person to possess a handgun while under the influence of alcohol or any controlled substance.

(b) A violation of this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Just wondering if your spending a night out on the town having a few drinks are you still allowed to carry?
Yes, in Oregon. Screw it up, though, then you'll get what you get. As it should be.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Here in Nevada you can be a CCW permittee and go to a bar. There is a provision for permitees who do not exceed the .10 limit all the same. They always recommend that if you are carrying a firearm that you should not be drinking alcohol. Wise advise.

·
Registered
81 Posts
.02 limit for Concealed Carry in Michigan

No limit for Open Carry although Michigan has a "catch all" law and it states "under the influence" which has no amount attached to it. Therefore .000001% could get you busted and convicted if the LEO and judge/jury feels you were under the influence of alcohol.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.