Defensive Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas Wood Space Building Machine

Wood Art Metal Water Beam

I just returned from a business trip to New Orleans and had a few hours to roam around the WWII museum, my favorite attraction in that city. I took a few pics and thought it would be fun to ask DC members to ID the weapons in these pics.

Have at it!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
The top one above the BAR is a M1941Johnson Automatic Rifle and wire stock one is a Reising Model 55 Submachine Gun. Both saw early use in the war by the USMC. One of my LGS has a nice condition Johnson on consignment right now for $10K.

·
Registered
10,756 Posts
And to add my understand is since they are private entieny thous are all pre 86 full auto ..Tranfsferbale as they dont have the SOT to have post samples or Form 10 transfer ..So a lot of money for the full auto

And yeah ugh is right on what the order is

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Top pic, Peterson and BAR (had an uncle that used a BAR at times in WWII)
Bottom pic, not sure of top gun, maybe an M1 carbine variant, then Springfield 03A3, Thompson (my dad used an 03A3 in The Pacific, at least to start with;

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
View attachment 379089
View attachment 379090
I just returned from a business trip to New Orleans and had a few hours to roam around the WWII museum, my favorite attraction in that city. I took a few pics and thought it would be fun to ask DC members to ID the weapons in these pics.

Have at it!
My wife and I went through the WWII Museum a few years ago. I’d love to go back. Loved it, as I grew up hearing my dad and uncles talk about the war. I envisioned what they went through as I saw the exhibits.

·
Registered
10,756 Posts
Reising sub gun are pretty rare to see .. The history of them is neat ... But they are crappy guns ..They were really made if you look at the history for police and guard use not for harsh combat .. They use a closed bolt delyed blow back system that is way way too messy to deal with in rough condition ..The folding stock sucked as did the firing pin ... Plus they had to drop the mag from 20 round to 12 to get it to work better .

To this day they are some of the cheeper full auto pre 86 you can find due to parts issues and well being kinda of crap .. Like 8-10 for one verus 15-20k for a pre 86 tommy gun

Also they did make the model 60 which was the 18inch semi auto model of the gun and a 22lr trainer ..both rare the 60 I know is classed as normal semi auto rifle ..So if you want one that might be the less paper work route

They are very accuart guns from what I read in semi auto comapred to other full auto sub guns from them as they are the few closed bolt guns of the war era sub guns so accurate .. But not made for combat use .. Fine for cops etc but rough condtion no

Reactions: ugh762x39

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The top one above the BAR is a M1941Johnson Automatic Rifle and wire stock one is a Reising Model 55 Submachine Gun. Both saw early use in the war by the USMC. One of my LGS has a nice condition Johnson on consignment right now for $10K.
We have a winner!!!

I will post another pic soon…but a little more difficult!

Would love to hear your impressions about the museum! Are there certain displays that evoke memories? Or remind you of personal experiences?

Reactions: BamaT

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Would love to hear your impressions about the museum! Are there certain displays that evoke memories? Or remind you of personal experiences?
Never been to the museum. I am just a historic military firearms aficionado.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Here’s one that just arrived at my LGS. It comes with the box and 4 rotary magazines. Price tag of around $3300.00. I will gladly accept donations ;) …. Best I could do on the pics.

Wood Automotive tire Wall Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Wood Bag Gas Automotive tire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts