Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not really a issue or anything but sort of a funny storie.. Went out shooting the glock 17 last week cooked though 300 rounds relaoded with carry ammo..

Felt slide and said little warm not bad.. Went to reholster IWB got gun almost all the way in to where front of slide hits me and i have to readjust and

SOB it was way hot was cold on the range didnt realise it as that cold ... So now i have a neat non perminite(sp) Tattoo of the front of slide of the G-17 and Barrel .. All i can say was a dumba** mistake i wont make again :badguy: the shooting looked like this wonder why it was hot ..

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
Try a fluted AR barrel after shooting 100+ rnds. quickly.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The mozambique drills and clears I did last week let me know real quick how umm WARM :decil4: a bbl and slide could get.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
OUCH!

HK PSPs get really hot as I learned the hard way one day. :frown:

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
Reminds me of some of my time at North Fort Hood on the tank range. We had been through a .50 shoot out (at night) when our new Second Lieutenant decided to climb up and congratulate us for our shooting. First, the doofus boarded from the front of the tank, which is a bigtime infraction on a live fire range. After the range officer ripped him a new one and he was embarrassed and nervous in front of all of the enlisted guys, he grabbed the barrel of the .50 mounted in my TC turret, which you also weren't supposed to do. He probably would have gotten reamed again but his trip to the hospital kept the range officer at bay. The barrel had just cooled enough to lose that "cherry colored glow". :image035:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I saw a recruit do that on a M249 to reposition it to a new firing lane.

~A

·
Registered
940 Posts
My first FAL build has my left index fingerprint permanently burned on the barrel in front of the gas valve.

I still haven't learned my lesson.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I've toasted myself a couple times. Once I ended up with a blue plastic tarp fused to the barrel of a Bushmaster.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Try having an MT from a .22 drop down the front of your shirt, left a mark that took a week to heal. That is the last time I wear a loose fitting T to an indoor range.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've done that so many times! Always when someone is watching...

Worst was at work, contractors welded a new handrail by the stairs. Welding was complete, and they had just carted the equipment (immediately) off. It wasn't cherry red anymore, but it sure did a number on my palm (ever hear your own skin sizzle?)! Right after I did it, a welder showed up with a strip of caution tape... seems he went to go get it before someone grabbed the rail.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
If you're shooting semiautos with a buddy, here's why you should be on the left side:

hot brass down big brother's shirt

·
Banned
1,706 Posts
And you certainly look concerned for his well being :hand5:

·
Registered
615 Posts
60 rds thru an M-1 Garand will warm your buns...when I grabbed the pointy-end with my right hand, at a distance it probably looked like I was doing a very fast manual of arms....that rifle went from the right hand to the left and back again a few times. Would've only taken once, but I was a bit butter fingers and trying not to drop it! Yep, lesson learned.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts