Defensive Carry banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
If you’re running from a bear, and don’t know if it’s a black or a grizzly, here’s how to find out.

Run to a tree and climb up.

If the bear climbs the tree, knocks you to the ground, and mauls you, it’s a black.

If the bear rips the tree out of the ground, shakes you out of it, and beats you over your head with it, it’s a grizzly.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I was just walking along, minding my own business, when this bear attacked me for no reason...

I smell road apples here. He pestered the bear somehow. Based on the looks of him he probably hollered "Shoo". Or like was mentioned up above Cubs to protect, or more likely in September in Canada, it was hungry, and the.part left out was he was stuffing his face while walking, and got a lot closer before seeing the bear than the story suggests.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
So they kill bears to examine them to find out why they attack humans. Maybe they just don't like having people in their habitat. Maybe the bear was having a bad day and then some idiot came a long.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I've encountered blackies at least half a dozen times over the years. Fortunately for me, they've all been like Yogi and Boo-boo.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
It said he ran in the water, maybe he should have climbed a tree instead!!!

Bwaaa ha ha haaaa, what a dweeb!
Did you see the picture of that boy? He ain't climbing nothing.

The injuries look like the bear just slapped him on the back in a gesture of, "It's cool bro, I was just playing with ya".

21 - 27 of 27 Posts