Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought three holsters for my CW9, off Addictedhealer, here on the forum: a Sticky, a PJ holster and a Cry Havoc Grim holster. I picked them up because the price was low enough that I could try them out without getting hurt too bad if I didn't like them. I would have never chosen any of them if I were buying new. I have been looking into getting an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck or a Clinger Stingray. I wasn't even considering AIWB. Since my Kore Essentials Gun Belt arrived last Thursday, I have been experimenting by wearing them around the house and yard. The Cry Havoc Grim fits perfectly at 1:00, snug around my Ilium. I can sit comfortably, lean forward, and bend over without it gouging me. Even with a fairly tight fitting shirt tucked in, it disappears. I think I have found my mode of carry. Thanks again, Adam.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Nothing does more to facilitate enthusiasm for a fine, new holster (or car, or girlfriend, or cigar, etc.) than a recent, memorable experience with...a crappy, old holster (or car, or girlfriend, or cigar, etc.). :biggrin2:

Reactions: SWIll

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
If ya like 1 o'clock, try 11. I really like a cross draw position. Feels good and natural, to me at least.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I have been carrying AIWB a few months now with my G19. It is the most comfortable I've been since I started carrying. The right holster (and belt, of coarse) means everything. Glad you found yours.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Glad it works for you. I guess is my body style or something can't do it most uncomfortable thing. I'd rather carry in the small of my back. That's not an option. Inside the waistband just dose not work for me. It's either pocket carry or outside the waste crossed draw or a shoulder rig. But it's just like anything else personal preference whatever works for you

·
Registered
716 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice setup. Looks similar to the holster I bought on Ebay. Mine rides a little higher though, which I like. I fine it aids in comfort by not allowing the muzzle end to dig in while carrying the G19 AIWB. I am currently hunting a used Raven Eidolon. I want to try one but I'm too cheap to pay full price.
It look to be the same holster. The hardware is identical. I don't have the claw installed. Does the claw help press the grip in tight?

·
Registered
716 Posts
It look to be the same holster. The hardware is identical. I don't have the claw installed. Does the claw help press the grip in tight?
The claw definitely helps conceal the grip a bit better.

·
Registered
270 Posts
For days you don't tuck in your shirt I've found that putting my belt buckle over at 10 o'clock position and having the barrel directly at 12 is more comfortable than 12:30-2o'clock. Also, if you have a holster with an adjustable cant, give it a 5-10 degree angle and the pistol grip tucks into your body even better.

I only mention the cant part because you look super slim in the waist and it looks like your grip probably protrudes a little bit with tighter fitting shirts. If that sort of thing matters to you. The claw definitely works great also.

Different ride height can also help greatly with comfort/concealment. I played around a lot with my holster settings and where exactly I had it positioned before I could carry for 14 hours a day without knowing my G23 was there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts