Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the coming months I plan to choose a new .45 pistol. I have narrowed done my choices to either a Walther PPQ 45 or a FNH Fnx 45 (tactical model if the price is right.) Problem is i cant decide between the two. Help! :confused::confused::smile::rofl:

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
Striker Vs Hammer (w/ Safety-Decocker) I myself am a Striker SNOB. But I really like the FNX
(You might get more info from someone at the FN Forum)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just got the non tactical FNX. I've become a serious FN fan. I'm not interested in the supressor or a sight that goes down when a battery dies. It has eaten up several hundred rounds of w-w-b that has been giving my Sig's fits. Very accurate with a SA that rivals all my 1911's. The DA is very smooth if heavy but all my FN's triggers get lighter and better with use no matter what kind of action they are.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
IMO you should add a Sig P-220 to your list! One of the best shooting .45's outside of a 1911!

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Might I suggest your consideration of another player? Take a look at the Smith and Wesson M&P 45 full size with the 4 inch barrel. One amazing ,45ACP pistol. Just check it out before you take your final decision.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Jerry Do you ask on a forum what car to buy or what house . Get out there and see what you can handle , pull the trigger with snap caps may help and of course rent each if possible . Both work will for many people and others would not own ether one , sooooo its is your choice .

·
Registered
428 Posts
PPQ has a great trigger Very nice pistol
Do you want a carry pistol? Or a range pistol?
That was going to be my next question. The (OP) never states the intended purposes for his 45. If it's a CCW then all of a sudden weight becomes an issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jerry Do you ask on a forum what car to buy or what house . Get out there and see what you can handle , pull the trigger with snap caps may help and of course rent each if possible . Both work will for many people and others would not own ether one , sooooo its is your choice .
Unfortunatly, in my area there isnt anywhere to rent guns like you mentioned. And physically handling the guns is always part of my decision making progress. However i also value advice from people that have experience with the guns i am considering. Problems can turn up in the life of a gun that sime research wont reveal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was going to be my next question. The (OP) never states the intended purposes for his 45. If it's a CCW then all of a sudden weight becomes an issue.
Definatly both a carry and range gun. I intend to add it to the rotation of funs i carry. As long as it isnt much heavier than the ruger 1911 i carried than wait isnt a big problem for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool thread. I have a Remington 1911R1 stainless and I really like it, it is pretty easy to shoot accurately with a 5" barrel in my opinion so I think the FN would share that same quality. I like the 1911 but it is a little big for concealed carry for me (I'm 5' 10", 160 lbs). The PPQ is also a nice gun and maybe a little easier for concealment but the barrel is slightly shorter. I guess the decision might come down to if it is more of a range or defense gun. I assume defense since this is the defensivecarry.com forum. Good luck.

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
If your going to run a silencer the FN

It is one of the better out of the box set ups for silencers ..Put a rmr on it and there you go .. I like the ones I have handled and fired more so then a USP Tactial ( yes I know just could not get use to the safty and the weird threading on them) .

If not a silencer then a Glock 21sf or a S&W would be my next top not much in terms of mags and holster for the walter imop ..A sig 220 or 227 would also be good

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I tried my son's G21 a few weeks ago and it felt like an Acme brick in my hand. My son loves it though. His hands are bigger than mine so it fits him better. For me it's either a P220 or a Kimber and I'm equally partial to both. Still deciding whether to
get the M&P Shield 45 though.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Both great pistols . Different platforms.
Choose your platform ..
And then , go from there ..
I have 7 ,45 acp pistols and enjoy all of'em
Glock 21
Glock 41
Glock 30S
Taurus PT145
Taurus PT845
Springfield XDS45
RIA 1911

The Springfield XDS45 is a great carry pistol ... Basically the same size as my PT709 Slim

1 - 20 of 30 Posts