Defensive Carry banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I chose the Hornady box, but modified it to use a 5/16" hardened chain bolted to the truck. It will help.

I didn't have the cable, so that's what I did. This is how I rigged it up in my Mustang. I did the same in my truck.

I got a Buck knife sitting beside the safe so I always have a knife handy. I normally always have one in my pocket, but when I'm going to work, I can't. (Correctional officer)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
I didn't have the cable, so that's what I did. This is how I rigged it up in my Mustang. I did the same in my truck.

I got a Buck knife sitting beside the safe so I always have a knife handy. I normally always have one in my pocket, but when I'm going to work, I can't. (Correctional officer)
So how did you hook that bracket the chain goes through to the safe itself? And what did you make the bracket out of? It looks like it started life as something else.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
jmf its the piece that slides into the safe and is secured to the internal locking system, I have taken into my hotel/motel room and hooked it to the TV which which inturn is connected to a alarm system belonging to hotel. I my car I connect to seat frame and same on my sons 3/4 ton pickup I have seldom use cable and my Harley lock.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Hi jmf552 - My apology for taking so long. Here is how I attached the chain to my vehicle gun "safe". The other end is attached to the seat frame bolt. It can be undone, but takes forever to unthread since it's difficult to reach and is a "locking" type bolt, as in difficult to remove. (5/16" u-bolt in holes drilled in the side of the "safe")

How did you modify it to use the chain? Got pics?
20200612_171032.jpg

21 - 28 of 28 Posts