Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a small, underseat car safe that can be secured and I found this: In Car Gun Safe . Is there anything else out there that I should consider or that someone has some input into?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I was at a Cabela's store in Ft. Worth TX not too long ago and picked up a similar safe for less than $25. I don't know if they have it available on line, but you may want to check. I don't use it real often, but it is sure nice to have for occassions when I visit an establishment that does not permit me to carry (ie post office, govt. school or something like that).

·
Registered
483 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
I did a search and came up with that one you are looking at to be 21GA. The center console one is 12GA and the gunvault is 16GA.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that Knox one but it will not fit under the seat in our cars, nor will the console ones unfortunatly. This is something that is going to see little use, but I do want the option. We go one place that we cannot carry and the rest of the places we simply do not patronize so I guess the cabella's one will suffice for our purposes. I do wish that the Knox company had one made like this though, they do make some nice safes! If anyone else comes up with a good option, let me know. I will probably look around a few more days before I buy.

Thanks for all of the input everyone.

·
Super Moderator
50,596 Posts
I keep a CoM safe hidden in my vehicle...and I keep it difficult to find.
I don't really like keeping a firearm in my vehicle, but if I have to...the Center of Mass safe works very well.:hand10:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I use a CoM as well for the rare times I have to leave it behind. I got a couple of different sizes, but keyed the same. One lives in the car, and one goes with me when traveling for a portable locking case option.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I am in the market for a small, underseat car safe that can be secured and I found this: In Car Gun Safe . Is there anything else out there that I should consider or that someone has some input into?
I use a Microvault from Gunvault. I don't know if it can be mounted under the seat. It does have mounting holes in the botom Depends on the vehicle I guess. I also use it as a locking case when flying.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I also have the COM, one in each vehicle in fact. While it won't stop a theft, it'll slow things down a little, and that's all I really expect of it. And it fits nicely under the seats, even in my Mini where space is at a premium.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a COM type case but would not call them a safe as they are no more than a lockable container. I have a safe in my vehicle bolted to the floor unfortunately it is no longer made. The Fort Knox is similiar in construction to what I have. The real safes are expensive but they will far outlast my lifetime and probably whoever gets it after I'm gone.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
That will work. It is not meant to be long term storage, I would only leave my gun in their while I'm busy in the gun free zone. I do however unload my gun before storing so if they do get the gun they'll have to have better luck than me at finding ammo. Some even remove the slide before storing.

Joker1

1 - 13 of 13 Posts