Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a safe for the vehicle to keep a firearm in, while parked in the company parking lot.

I searched and came across this one at a very reasonable price:
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
Has an electronic lock with rolling code protection, and a key lock override.

I have an expedition with a center console, and this would fit inside just right. I will mount it door up and facing the driver. Download the "manual" for the inside dimensions. I plan on thru-bolting it thru the floor, with large fender washers

For $30, its better than NO safe.
Just passing it along.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
Here is what I use in the car to lock up mine.

In Car Gun Safe :smile::smile:
I use the CoM safe in my car (when I absolutely have to), and the great thing is being able to hide the safe. When I put my gun in the safe and hide the safe, you will never know it's even there.:ziplip:

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
I have two CoM safes keyed alike. One hanging in the closet upstairs and one in the vehicle. Very satisfactory.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Add another +1 for the CoM safes. Got one in each car and am very satisfied.

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
I try to make it a rule to never buy any thing from harbor freight that has moving parts ( I love their dead blow hammers and magnetic nut bowls). That said what you have will probaly stop the smash and grab guys just fine

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another Vote for Center of Mass car Safes

Plus you dont have to sacrifice your whole center console
just to secure a single Firearm

·
Registered
205 Posts
A safe is a good idea for keeping your toys safe in the car. I have one of these bolted to my car frame in the trunk. Good for concealing the toys from LEOs when going through anti-states too.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Another vote for COM safes... For the cost, it's not worth the risk not to have one...

·
Registered
288 Posts
I use a CoM safe as well.

However, for a Christmas stocking stuffer, my wife found a small steel combo safe. It fits a subcompact pistol only and was purchased at a discount store for $15. It came with a steel cable just like my CoM safe. Its really small and only fits my Kahr PM9, but I was pleased with the stocking stuffer.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
COM permanently mounted in trunk of car. Secure-it in our travel luggage for when we visit grandkids. Properly securing weapon from prying hands may not be taught at the fancy combat courses but it would be a heartbreaking and tragic lesson to have to learn from experience.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
...and here is where you can buy it for even less.

60572 - Large Secure-It/AACFI Keyed Lock Handgun Case, 21-Gauge Steel Construction, Black

out of stock and they were more expensive for the large size when i ordered mine...there are 2 sizes of that safe and the small wont fit a full size handgun...the size difference isnt much but its enough to make up for extra mags and such...the large is normally $10 more at most stores...another thing to watch for is some companies sell the safe without the cable and get extra for the cable...it can be purchased both ways...

My only complaint is that I had to air out the safe for about 3 days in the garage to get the moth ball smell out.
roger that...they use an anti corrosion treatment on the foamm and it smells to high heaven when you first get it...

A safe is a good idea for keeping your toys safe in the car. I have one of these bolted to my car frame in the trunk. Good for concealing the toys from LEOs when going through anti-states too.

the sentry safes are ridiculously easy to pry open..they are more for fire protection and lightweight security...there is a video of one bein pried open with a screwdriver on youtube that is very surprising...

It's also a stock item at Cabela's for the same price.
watch the large and small size for price...cabelas is $5 more...

I bought it and mounted it in the center console of the vehicle.
Pictures below.
Its thru bolted into the floor with tamperproof screws.
that is sweet in the center console...out of sight and in a tight place makes it tough to screw with...nice...

·
Registered
656 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts