Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate shopping for clothes online so I need some help. I am looking for some dressier cargo pants. Pleated front maybe cuffs does such an animal exist?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yes, I've seen such an animal. Do a search "cargo pants" and you should find what you are looking for. They're going run you about $30 to $50 bucks

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Dressy cargo pants?
How about a dressy Carhartt jacket to go with them?:bier:

Sorry, but something about dressy cargo pants gave me a chuckle.:rofl:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know Ret dressy may have been a bad word maybe I should have said more fitted, not baggy, snappier I don't know how to "splain it Lucy".

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Try Woolrich Elite Tactical, The Discreet Pant. May be very close to what you want.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Just wear BDUs with a tie.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
retsupt99.
Dressy cargo pants?
How about a dressy Carhartt jacket to go with them?

You sounded like my Dad when I wear jeans. When I went to Ireland a few weeks back, I got all new trousers and shirts before I went. I could not hear it anymore. Jeans are for work, you look like a down and out. :argue: I am always clean and neat. O'well, no comment this time.
He was happy I guess. :hand10:

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have several pairs of Propper Tactical trousers and several pairs of 5-11light weight tactical trousers. I wear one orthe other nearly everyday.

·
Banned
342 Posts
There's no such thing as dressy cargo pants. In my opinion, if you have cargo pants on you're either a college kid, an abercrombie model or in the army.

Having said that, the only cargo pants I own are 5.11 and the only place I wear them is the range.

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Now, I've seen a few instructors (ie. professionals) wearing thier pressed 5.11's with thier company's logo polo shirts and that was rather 'dressy' for what was going on (they were contractors training base security personnel, range, tactics, viehical inspections, basic investigations, blah, blah, blah). It worked for those guys and looked sharp enough.

Dressy is relitive. Fitted cargo britches means buying s few nice pairs and having them fitted by a taylor. (?) Dressy for me is my "Sunday-go-to-meeting" or somebody's "getting hitched" attire. More than once I've donned a sport coat with a nice button-down, tie, and an ironed pair of 'nice' jeans for 'something-or-other'.

I guess the question needs to be what do you plan on doing in 'em?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Gotta agree that cargoes aren't exactly "dressy", but they're "dressier" than say jeans and a flannel.

Just came across this after reading a similar thread. I've always had good luck with Dickie's cargos. They hold their sheen (don't pill up), and they have a permanent crease. If you press them it lasts for days. They are fitted as opposed to baggy (they're more like slacks with cargo pockets than BDUs). They're stain-resistant and very durable. I cut the little red "Dickies" tag off the back pocket so they don't scream "work wear".

If you wear them with a good pressed polo or collared shirt they look pretty nice. And for $20 it's hard to go wrong.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Dressy cargo pants?
How about a dressy Carhartt jacket to go with them?:bier:

Sorry, but something about dressy cargo pants gave me a chuckle.:rofl:
With nice pair of pressed cargo's and a polo or button up shirt you most certainly can pull off a business casual type look.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Check out Dickies, or 5.11 depending how "Dressy" you want to go. ROTFLMAO

·
Registered
473 Posts
+1 For Dickies. You can press them and go from baggy casual to tucked in w/ a polo shirt. Very versatile. Just make sure you go to an out of the way walmart or retailer as some times they are very hard to find in stock as they are quite popular with a certain type in some areas.

J

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I think clarifying what you want them for might help narrow the term "dressier" to a little more specific range of needs and designs. Do you want the cargo pants to carry gear in the pockets I'm assuming?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts