Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can understand the fury of the boyfriend and crowd but this is not this is not the way to get justice. This is a reminder, never leave your car running unoccupied why make it an easy target for thieves.

Philadelphia man, neighborhood mob beats carjacker to death after suspect takes off with 3 kids: Cops

A sudden outburst of mob justice Thursday night in Philadelphia ended with a carjacker dead and a 25-year-old man being questioned by police Friday after the thief's attempt to snatch a running vehicle -- with the man's children inside -- reportedly went awry.

Officials said an unidentified 25-year-old woman was traveling with her three children Thursday when she stopped outside a pizza shop on 29th and Dauphin St. at about 9 p.m. to visit her boyfriend, who worked at the pizzeria, according to WCAU.

When she went inside, the woman reportedly left her car running with her three children -- a 7-month-old, a 1-year-old and a 5-year-old -- inside.

That’s when police say a 54-year-old man entered the car and took off.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/philadelphia-man-beats-carjacker-to-death-after-suspect-takes-off-with-car-full-of-children-police

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Stupid to leave your children in a running car? Yes, absolutely.

However, this man chased down someone who had taken his wife/girlfriends car with his children inside. When the guy caught him after foot persuit a struggle ensued and the car jacker lost his life to a crowd of fathers watching a man protect his children...I know it isn't trained LEO's , but I see nothing wrong here.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
The man should be charged with endangering the welfare of a minor for leaving them unattended.

If I were the judge, I’d give him a pass on the other little thing.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
The man should be charged with endangering the welfare of a minor for leaving them unattended.

If I were the judge, I’d give him a pass on the other little thing.
How so? The man was the one at work.

For the rest, I'm good with it. Kidnapping kids is justification for deadly force in most places. This one just took a bit longer.

·
Registered
18,298 Posts
How so? The man was the one at work.

For the rest, I'm good with it. Kidnapping kids is justification for deadly force in most places. This one just took a bit longer.
After going back and reading the news clip, I stand corrected sir.

·
Registered
860 Posts
The sole crime was committed by the animal carjacker.

·
Registered
10,180 Posts
Well, I don’t know the whole story, but I do have a bit of a problem with a mob stomping a guy to death, even if it was well-deserved. Perhaps it reflects a lack of trust in the criminal justice system to properly deal with criminals?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
now thats the kind of "it takes a village".......

now this should not be condoned...but here is the big BUT.

what causes this kind of justice is the INjustice and political correctness for years/decades of not being tough many criminals. sooner or later the village is going to be fed up and exact its own justice. Every action eventually results in opposite and equal reaction.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Those who know Philly will better understand this. The woman is an idiot for leaving her kids alone in a car with the motor running. What make her a first class idiot with numbskull cluster is that she did it 9PM at 29 & Dauphin Sts. I would not go there at night even armed.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The mother should get charged with endangerment. The father should not be charged for chasing the car down or pulling the guy out of it and probably not for roughing him up a little. However, whoever dealt the lethal blows to the perp, whether it was the father or members of the mob, should be charged in his death. Once the father pulled the guy out of the car, the kidnapping attempt was over and the threat to kids was ended. To kill the perp after that, however emotionally satisfying, was not lawful and everyone here should know that. Once the threat is ended, the justification for use of lethal force is ended.

·
Registered
759 Posts
The mother should get charged with endangerment. The father should not be charged for chasing the car down or pulling the guy out of it and probably not for roughing him up a little. However, whoever dealt the lethal blows to the perp, whether it was the father or members of the mob, should be charged in his death. Once the father pulled the guy out of the car, the kidnapping attempt was over and the threat to kids was ended. To kill the perp after that, however emotionally satisfying, was not lawful and everyone here should know that. One the threat is ended, the justification for use of lethal force is ended.
Reluctantly, I have to agree.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
The mother should get charged with endangerment. The father should not be charged for chasing the car down or pulling the guy out of it and probably not for roughing him up a little. However, whoever dealt the lethal blows to the perp, whether it was the father or members of the mob, should be charged in his death. Once the father pulled the guy out of the car, the kidnapping attempt was over and the threat to kids was ended. To kill the perp after that, however emotionally satisfying, was not lawful and everyone here should know that. One the threat is ended, the justification for use of lethal force is ended.
I agree with your position on this also. Vigilantism is never the answer, justice for crimes committed is served through the courts and juries of ones peers. Whether one believes courts administer the correct justice or not, we have a system in play for a reason.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts