Defensive Carry banner

Carjacking victim in Wisconsin who shot suspect, 13, charged with recklessly endangering safety

5K views 108 replies 34 participants last post by  Two Tone Everything 
#1 ·
Wisconsin authorities said Sunday that a 13-year-old female carjacking suspect, as well as a driver who shot at the girl attempting to make a getaway, will both face criminal charges.

Robinson told police, according to the complaint, that he holds a concealed carry permit and believed it was his right to "defend his property."

#16 ·
Robinson told police, according to the complaint, that he holds a concealed carry permit and believed it was his right to "defend his property." Robinson also told police he attempted to shoot out the back tire of the car and when he realized he was shooting inside of the vehicle, he stopped.

Robinson should have kept his mouth shut and let his attorney do the talking. He dug himself into the hole he's sitting in.

#34 ·
Broad daylight. No threat of violence. Driving away (not toward) you... Frustrating as hell, yes. But not worthy of lethal force. Certainly not worth losing your freedom. Bad decision on the victim's part.

That said, if the little criminal were to die, I'd not shed a tear. That'd be one less future career felon to house and feed.

FWIW, in Texas, you can use deadly force to prevent the commission of a felony after dark. 5:30
is just a few hours too early to pull the trigger.

#40 ·
It would suck if you didn't have a car or some other way to get to work or to a grocery store.......especially in rural areas. Dominos doesn't deliver everywhere.

#63 ·
It seems like many of us here agree the issue started with leaving the vehicle running unlocked. That made the use of lethal force wrong. There are definitely times and reasons where theft can allow for the use of lethal force, but not in this case.

Seriously, who leaves their vehicle running, unlocked, and unattended in a public place? You're asking to have your vehicle stolen.

#65 ·
Seriously, who leaves their vehicle running, unlocked, and unattended in a public place? You're asking to have your vehicle stolen.
I’m not arguing the merits of the shoot but your quote seems to align with the similar idea that a girl is asking to be sexually assaulted because of her outfit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#82 ·
Deadly force is justified only when undertaken to prevent imminent and otherwise unavoidable danger of death or grave bodily harm to the innocent.

Police themselves cannot shoot a fleeing felon unless the felon constitutes a threat of death or grave bodily harm.
SEE: U.S. Supreme Court Tennessee v. Garner

I suspect if an officer's vehicle were stolen, then the OFFICER would shoot. 404437 ft/lbs is the energy of a 4000 pound car at 55mph/80.67fps. That is more energy than a 20mm cannon - classified as a destructive device. If a pedestrian is hit by a car a 55, there is a 90% chance of death according to government research. According to "An Alternate Look at Handgun Stopping Power" by Greg Ellifritz, a rifle only has a 68% chance of death with one hit.

Every homicide, including that justified for self-defense, should be adjudicated in court. No special consideration should be made, however, just because you wear a badge. No qualified immunity should be considered. I am surprised they could get a grand jury indictment on this.

#85 ·
A bit harder to do these days. All sorts of beeps and warnings go off if I exit my Nissan Rogue without shutting it off . And if I leave the remote clicker in it, the damn doors will lock on me! PITA!

#90 ·
At home I leave keys in older “running pickup. As remote area…. If they want the truck, they can have it rather then my being forced to shoot them when they bust in. I wouldn’t shoot anyone over it @20 years ago when it was nearly new. I sure won’t now. But in town keys come out.

#97 ·
If there is disparity of force between the victim and assailant, lethal force might well be justified. As soon as the assailant tries to grab the gun, it has become a lethal force encounter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.