Defensive Carry banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
You can be sure that 10 year old is street smart and knows quite well that he won't be tried as an adult. He won't hesitate to kill you because there is no down side for him.

·
Premium Member
4,080 Posts
What I don’t understand is the shootings have been going up, but most of us can’t find any handgun ammo.
Where the heck are they getting it from?
Maybe sooner or later they will run out if they keep using it up.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
What I don’t understand is the shootings have been going up, but most of us can’t find any handgun ammo.
Where the heck are they getting it from?
Maybe sooner or later they will run out if they keep using it up.
Gun thefts are way, way up according to ATF, possibly as much as 50 times the normal rate. It is the highest rate the ATF has seen in its history. Where there are guns, there is often at least some ammo. The thieves are probably grabbing ammo along with the guns.

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Teens, and maybe even pre-teens doing the work:

I got a laugh out of the quote from one of the victims: “I teach this age group and I can’t believe they would do this,” she said. What a colossal dumb ass! I think that shows that she doesn't actually know much about the age group she teaches at all.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I live about an hour and a half from the loop (part of downtown Chicago). I don’t get off the interstate until I get downtown. We like to go for concerts, plays, other events and in 15 years I’ve had my car broken into once. Slim Jim. Inexpensive personal items. There is a lot to do with the nightlife, restaurants, the sites.

I can’t carry in Illinois as was pointed out above, yet it’s quite silly because CDW/ccp holders very rarely commit crimes and the criminals couldn’t care less about that kind of paperwork. Democrat run cities... what can you say? We get the Chicago news and it’s like Mogadishu every weekend.

This is why I have a live/hate feeling about Chicago.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Have to tweek the old lyrics, "Daddy was a cop on the south side of Chicago". And "Right now in bad new days."

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unfortunately not only on the south side of Chicago. It's also happening in communities in the city where an 82 y.o. was car jacked and in north suburban hi-end malls in Skokie

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don’t care how old you are, if you are a threat to me or my loved ones I will take the appropriate action to defend against you.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts