Defensive Carry banner

Carolina Panthers Stadium CCW?

4K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  1911 Nut 
#1 ·
I am going to be attending a Panthers game this year and I wondered what the deal was for carrying there in the stadium?

#2 ·
The stadium is in NC, so you'll be out of luck.

Relevant information on where it's prohibited:

• Any public or private school building or bus, campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic fields or other property used or owned by an educational institution.
• Any assembly where a fee had been charged for admission or where alcoholic beverages are sold and comsumed.

#4 ·
• Any public or private school building or bus, campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic fields or other property used or owned by an educational institution.
Just out of curiosity, what does this have to do with the reason not to carry? I understand the part about the admission. Is the panthers stadium associated with any school?

I'm not trying to make a point here, I'm just curious.

#3 ·
I live in NC. Carrying in the stadium would definitely be prohibited. If RP hadn't told you so first, I would have thought to only mention the part about not carry in a place where a fee had been charged for admission. Good point about the alcohol. I never would have thought of that. Thanks.

#6 ·
stadium/policies-and-information

Prohibited Items

To ensure that all fans have a safe and enjoyable visit to Bank of America Stadium, the following items are not permitted in the stadium:

* Alcoholic beverages
* Baby seats
* Backpacks
* Balloons
* Beach balls
* Coolers or containers, including cans and bottles
* Explosives
* Fireworks
* Folding chairs
* Food and beverages, except two (2) sealed plastic non-flavored water bottles per person
* Horns, bells, whistles and other noise makers
* Illegal drugs
* Large bags of any description
* Laser pointers
* Pets, except service animals assisting those with disabilities
* Strollers
* Tape recorders
* Umbrellas
* Video equipment
* Weapons of any kind, including those carried with a permit
* Other items that in the judgment of stadium management pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.

#7 ·
In North Carolina,it doesn`t matter about the stadium being associated with a school.It is illegal to cc anywhere an admission is charged even a movie theater.I`ve never really understood why but that`s the law here.:confused:

#11 ·
Unfortunately it seems the theory is that if admission is charged, there is probably at least a small to moderate group of people within close proximity. In other words, since there isnt really emphasis placed on accuracy for our CCW permit, they do not trust that a CCW holder could drop a BG and not nail any innocents. And then you also have one of the theories pushed in the university/college debate, and that is the inability to distinguish good guy from bad guy. BG comes in with a gun, good guy drops him, another good guy is confused and thinks GG1 is a BG, drops him, and so on. It's kind of jacked up, and I know many of us would not have an issue with this, but have you ever noticed some of the people picking up CCW permits? You don't have to be a tactical expert or even have much self-awareness, you just have to be able to hit a shadow from 7 yards away and not have a history of felonies or violent crimes. It's almost a shame that we can't have an advanced CCW permit that requires actual training and that sort of thing so that we could be allowed to carry in trickier locations like this.

#8 ·
Yep, no carry zone, that is why all NC residents need to join Grassroots of NC. They are working hard to change some of our rediculous gun laws, most have been on the books long before the CCW laws were written. The entire system needs updating by progun people of course!!
OH, don't try the VA tuck here in NC, you may end up face planted by a popo!!

NCH

#16 ·
If you have an idea as to how we can go about getting all of these (agreed, idiotic) restrictions removed, then please let me know
This would likely be a good place to start.
...that is why all NC residents need to join Grassroots of NC. They are working hard to change some of our rediculous gun laws...
Work to remove politicians that oppose, or even just do not support, your cause.

Vote for candidates that do support your cause. Work to help those candidates win elections. Work to help people be those candidates. Run for office yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.