Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I carried for the first time while riding my motorcycle. I simply wore a shoulder holster under my riding jacket with my trusted 1911. The access might not be super fast but when first gear redlines at 76mph, it may not have to be.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Haha - ''redlines at 76 mph" - I sense a crotch rocket LOL!

Hope to get my steed out again soon once this darned cold breaks - probably still be usual OWB as per.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
it has to be a crotch rocket lol

·
Registered
427 Posts
My MaxCon V is pretty comfortable on the scooter...I rode for about 12 hours this past Sunday. Good piece of gear helps I guess...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I carry a shoulder rig when wearing a jacket on my scoot, but during the warm times (like right now its 83 and im heading out for a ride) I just wear it in a ITP holster under an untucked cut off shirt under my colors (for you non-motorcycle folks the vest with club colors on the back). I will say, it I cant reach it immediatly (ie under a coat) it goes into a shoulder rig. I needed it once and it was burried under layers of colors and heavy coat. Ever seen a Emerson CQC-7 stuck in the head of a mad rotty? (no I didnt pull over, I was stuck in traffic and couldnt go anywhere and my daughter was on the back so I had to do something) Damm that sucked. So I congradulate you for the sharp idea of the shoulder rig.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
ohhhhhhhh......I can remember when I owned a Sportster........a guy in a Corvette came up behind me, showing off to his babe friend...........he rode my butt, then backed off, and rode up to the fender several times..laffing hard..... seeing I had a "suicide throttle" one that stays open without the return spring.. I decided to show him the business end of a 2 1/2 Smith 66.........at which time......the "air brakes" suddenly engaged on the Vette.........I then placed the weapon back in it's shoulder holster and continued with my ride.......Funny how an "equalizer" makes all the difference..

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
My jacket has an inside pocket with a snap. My S&W 642 or Sig P22X ride in there perfectly.

Also Coronado Vests have a built in holster and all you would have to do is sew on your colors or whatever patches you like and you're rolling.

-Scott-

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Dingle1911 said:
T ... first gear redlines at 76mph, it may not have to be.
Hah. My cruiser wont see that downhill, w/ a good tailwind in 5th gear.

When on the road, I always greet other riders and compliment their bikes. One time a guy on a bullet bike was suprised I compliemented his bike. Making small talk, he then asked me how fast my bike goes, "Fast enough to put a smile on my face" along w/ a thumbs up. We both laughed.

Miles and miles of smiles.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I just carry IWB like normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts