Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this morning while getting dressed I put on my Crossbreed Supertuck and without putting much thought into it I grabbed the full sized XD out of the safe instead of the sub compact.

I have carried the sub com most of the summer and am now wondering why. The fulll sized dissappears under a button down shirt just as well as my sub com when I am using the supertuck, plus I have 14 rounds of .45 instead of 14 rounds of 9mm.

I am going to have to start putting more thought into my carry gun in the mornings instead of getting dressed in cruise control mode because I haven't had my coffee yet. :twak:

·
Registered
203 Posts
A buddy of mine shot my XD45 service and said it wasn't much more to handle than his 9mm Glock - he liked the feel of it too.

I guess the best course of action is always the largest caliber you can handle. At the same time, the grip on the XD45 service is HUGE.

·
Registered
541 Posts
well I would say that either one you carry is a beaut....

They are both fine weapons and sufficient enough for SD purpose..

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I have a XD45 service and love it. It's too big for me to carry much due to back trouble, but it's a sweet shooting gun. I think it's easier to shoot than my G19 or 26. It's been relegated to my nightstand gun. If I can't solve a problem inside the house with (14) .45's, I'm in big trouble...

Which light is that in the pic? I've been thinking about adding one to the XD

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
At the same time, the grip on the XD45 service is HUGE.
You are kidding right? Its not that much wider than a 1911 grip and is not near as fat as a Glock grip.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You are kidding right? Its not that much wider than a 1911 grip and is not near as fat as a Glock grip.
When I appendix carry it with the Crossbreed, it's very noticeable when I sit down.

It's a double-stacked .45ACP with 13+1 rounds. That's a meaty gun.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a XD45 service and love it. It's too big for me to carry much due to back trouble, but it's a sweet shooting gun. I think it's easier to shoot than my G19 or 26. It's been relegated to my nightstand gun. If I can't solve a problem inside the house with (14) .45's, I'm in big trouble...

Which light is that in the pic? I've been thinking about adding one to the XD
It is an M3 light. It is a very basic light, no strobe feature and not as bright as some but it works for me. I like plactic lights on my plastic guns and metal lights on my metal guns but that is just my OCD manifesting. :image035:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I appendix carry it with the Crossbreed, it's very noticeable when I sit down.

It's a double-stacked .45ACP with 13+1 rounds. That's a meaty gun.
Appendix carry is my second favorite mode. I agree that you certainly notice the full size XD when you carry it AIWB. The sub compact hardly feels like it is there though.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've been doing the same thing with my G26. I bought it back in June and thought I'd just carry it "part time". It hasn't been out of the MTAC since.

Don't worry G19 I'm coming back to you!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts