Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well on Sept 29th, AZ laws allows people to CC in restaurants that serve alcohol as long as they do not drink or that there is no signage saying that they can't. So the wife and I went to Outback on Friday. No problems or issues, but I wanted to do it because I can...

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
That's great!:hand10:

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
What ... you didn't spontaneously combust or otherwise turn into the heinous, inhuman thing to be feared that the fearful were so worried you might become?

It's that simple. All the fears are a ruse. Upstanding people won't magically turn into something else, merely because alcoholic beverages are within 50yds. As a group, we're proving there's far less likelihood of any such thing as compared to most any other group one could find. Not that this is surprising, to us.

Congrats, to you and all Arizona citizens, on the newfound liberty. Should have been this way a long time ago. :yup:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
You mean your gun didn't get drunk and start randomly shooting?

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
I like that...:yup::danceban::danceban::danceban:

·
Registered
266 Posts
So did you have a sheep roast for dinner?

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Glad you survived... So if you're carrying, you can't drink at all?

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Right on... exercise those rights! :35:

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Here we are at almost a month since the new law has gone into effect, and nary a problem to be found. No arrests of any kind that I can find on the news. No drunken shootouts or wild fights have happened.

BTW, the only places I have seen posted in AZ have been at Westgate (Yard House and Margaritaville). Other than that, I have been into Friday's, Macayo's, and Black Angus without incident.

Good on you for enjoying a steak and keeping yourself safe.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Any VA folks reading this thread ?

I read something a while back about Virginia changing that law so that we can CC in restaurants too. Does anyone know if they've done that yet ?

Thanks,
floyd

·
Registered
25 Posts
I read something a while back about Virginia changing that law so that we can CC in restaurants too. Does anyone know if they've done that yet ?

Thanks,
floyd
No it is currently illegal in Va to conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. Bills to allow this passed our state congress TWICE and vetoed by our governor TWICE. However there is hope, both of the candidates for gov support those bills. I believe we will see this bill pass in a couple years :smile:

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
What! Ya mean ya didn't get tanked and shoot up the joint. Great restraint on your part I'd say. Must have been the blooming onion.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well on Sept 29th, AZ laws allows people to CC in restaurants that serve alcohol as long as they do not drink or that there is no signage saying that they can't. So the wife and I went to Outback on Friday. No problems or issues, but I wanted to do it because I can...
Outstanding! Let me buy you a beer. :bier:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks Hokiebird. Appreciate it.

Floyd

No it is currently illegal in Va to conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol. Bills to allow this passed our state congress TWICE and vetoed by our governor TWICE. However there is hope, both of the candidates for gov support those bills. I believe we will see this bill pass in a couple years :smile:

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts

Thanks,
floyd
No it is currently illegal in Va to conceal carry in restaurants that serve alcohol.... I believe we will see this bill pass in a couple years :smile:
Hokiebird has it right.

However, we can't assume (we all know what that means) anything.

See:

Maybe, maybe not.

Politicians, at all levels, are know to not "walk the talk", once elected. :rant:

Also, politicians, at all levels, are known to vote for a bill they know will be vetoed, so as to avoid the wrath of some voters on key issues.

We have had politicians vote for this measure, yet turnaround and vote against the veto override. :rant: :rant:

Anyone in Virginia who wants this bill and other Pro-RKBA bills signed needs to get active.

See you at VCDL's Lobby day in January.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ya right about that Dave! My wife's the town clerk for a localmunicipality and as such works for the councilmembers. They all do that crap all the time.

So what does the general person do about these carry issues here, besides join NRA ?

·
Premium Member
5,038 Posts
Ya right about that Dave! My wife's the town clerk for a localmunicipality and as such works for the councilmembers. They all do that crap all the time.

So what does the general person do about these carry issues here, besides join NRA ?
If you want to have an influence of Virginia politics join VCDL -- or as a minimum sign-up for our Alerts and follow through on the ones you agree with. See: Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL) and Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc. (VCDL)

I'm not anti-NRA -- in fact I'm a life member and am active in the NRA. However, as for Virginia, VCDL is more focused and carry the fight down to the local level.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts