Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to go to the Texas Lonestar Roundup car show in Austin. I am guessing it is ok to carry there but thought I would run it by you guys. I go every year but this is the first since my ccl. Appreciate a heads up if anyone knows.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just got a response back on email. No,no guns was the answer. Not sure why unless it is because of alcohol sales.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not exactly happy about it and considered not going but I really like the cars so I guess I'll just deal with it. As big as this show is I would have thought there would have been more people here going.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...with the current prices of guns and ammo...who can afford TWO hobbies??? enjoy the trip...bluebonnets are going crazy already...

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
I plan to go to the Texas Lonestar Roundup car show in Austin. I am guessing it is ok to carry there but thought I would run it by you guys. I go every year but this is the first since my ccl. Appreciate a heads up if anyone knows.
I would go and carry unless they have a legal 30.06 sign posted. What they tell you and what they legally have to do are two very different things.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They just told me via email. I have been to this event several times but don't know if they have a sign. Yes I have two hobbies. Sold a 39 Plymouth, custom Harley, 67 camaro a while back. Building a 35 Chevy coupe rod now. Being in the garage is my passion.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since my wife drops me off then goes to visit her grandbabies, I don't want to be stuck at the gate or be illegally carrying I will probably leave my cw in the car.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The Expo Center is a government owned facility and cannot legally prevent you from carrying there unless it is considered a 51% location. That doesn't mean that they won't be posted and/or checking people on entry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts