Defensive Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you can find a Ruger LCR in 22 mag it may work. If the trigger is as smooth and light as my LCR357 your golden. See if a shop has one that she can dry fire. The 357 would be good if she can handle 38 in a 17oz gun. 22 mag. Would be a lot easier.
We had one in 22 LR.. Its gone.. Had a trigger pull over 20 lbs.. REALLY hard trigger because of the rimfire ammo. .. From what I understand, the center fire Ruger revolvers do have a nice trigger pull, but our .22 LR was unusable...bob

·
Registered
982 Posts
My wife has the same issue.. Terrible arthritis in the hands, and bent , swollen misshapen fingers because of it. She is 63 and has had bad arthritis since she was in her 40's.... NO hand or finger strength at all.. She had been carrying a Ruger LCP Custom, and was happy with it.. For a while. Lately she has hand more and more trouble racking it, and her hands would start to hurt very quickly when shooting it.
We bought her a Sig P238.. Its a lot less snappy, it racks much easier, and has a lighter trigger than the LCP Custom... I thought that little Ruger was a first class little gun.. UNTIL we got the Sig.. there is a REASON its double + the price of the Ruger.. It will be a small learning curve getting used to the SA, but after only one short trip to the range, she seems much more comfortable with it, and like it a lot more than Her LCP custom... Sig makes really good stuff.. As far as semi auto's go, I doubt there are any better out there for a woman with hand and strength issues than the Sig P238 or P298 ... They are very user friendly..bob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts