Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a Colt Lawman MkIII .357 mag for about $400.00 in perfect condition. I got it as a trail gun and as my introduction to carrying a wheel gun. It's about medium size - somewhere in between a S&W K-frame and N-frame. What carry rig would you guys recommend? I'm looking for a belt style and a shoulder holster. So far I've had the Crossbreed Supertuck recommended.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd take a look at some of the holsters from Simply Rugged, for the belt holster and possibly the field holster...For a shoulder holster look at some of the Galco and Bianchi models for revolvers, if you want leather...

BTW Congrats on the new wheel gun...:congrats:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Alot will depend on the barrel length. You can get away with 4 inches with a horizontel rig anything bigger then that go vertical. As to IWB barrel length is not as much of a factor how ever see if you can get a rig that puts the cylinder up the belt line resting just on top of the belt. For that you would need to look to a custom maker like Delfatti or Ralston.

·
Super Moderator
19,880 Posts
Milt Sparks has the HSR (Hackathorn special) and the 200AW which are great belt holsters, but you'll probably wait 6 months to get an order filled.

Simply Rugged has some less elegant offerings, but they do a fine job and you'll get own from them a lot sooner than from Sparks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the look of the Simply Rugged holster that converts into a shoulder holster as well. Anyone have experience with this model?

·
Registered
829 Posts
I recently acuired on of these also, the Lawman is 2 in barrel. Some do not like them but I use an Ace Case IWB tuckable holster (the large universal fits it and allow you to carry cross draw or normal, the one for 2" snubbies fits a little tight at the Lawman's trigger guard.) I am not familiar with any shoulder rigs.

I like the Lawman and I hope you do as well, I am able to hit with 38 and 357 loads at 20 yds pretty well. It is my first wheel gun too! I am waiting to go back to range for a little more practice and then add it to my carry rotation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The deSantis holsters for the S&W "L" frame fit this gun nicely. I have used mine for years and realy enjoy shooting it.

Doc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts