Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New pic

Not up to your esteemed colleague\'s standards, Betty, but heartfelt....

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't think they were THAT bad!:O

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Don't feel bad. I killed the J-Frame carry thread with some pictures. I didn't even show my face either.:O

Maybe most folks are on dial up and with the pictures it takes to long to load. That and we don't look like Betty either. :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Perhaps we are just getting online now.

Pictures came out great!
Do you wear a carry vest? What do you use to conceal the gun?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wear a jacket right now, but when I get my IWB rig, I'll go back to big t-shirts, the way I carried my full size all steel Witness for years. I don't conceal in uniform!:p
Scott, that's what I was afraid of - my ugly mug killed it!:O

·
Registered
75 Posts
armoredman,
Do you use the same gun for both concealed, and on duty? You could use the same holster.

Now, what knife(s) do you carry on and off duty?
You are dressed the part, but I want to hear what else you feel you need for.
If it were me, amongst what I see in your picture, I'd want al least two knives.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also I wanted to say to both you guys the above posts are quite funny in reference to killing a post.
Scott, I went to your thread some time ago, saw the pics, I thought then that they were of interest, but had no comment. I just went back, looked again, the pics look good, and give a nice description.
I still had no comment, but enjoyed the thread.
I think when a thread dies, it does just that, no matter who posts last. Hey, I may kill this thread.
You want to keep it going?
Post something very contraversial.
Everybody like to rant.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Originally posted by chameleon
Also I wanted to say to both you guys the above posts are quite funny in reference to killing a post.
Scott, I went to your thread some time ago, saw the pics, I thought then that they were of interest, but had no comment. I just went back, looked again, the pics look good, and give a nice description.
I still had no comment, but enjoyed the thread.
I think when a thread dies, it does just that, no matter who posts last. Hey, I may kill this thread.
You want to keep it going?
Post something very contraversial.
Everybody like to rant.
I was just kidding and teasing armoredman a bit. ;) This site doesn\'t have enough people to have long running threads yet. About 20-30 posts is the top end right now. That will change as more people find this site and there is a broader range of interests and perspectives.

Maybe I'll ask the 9mm vs 45 acp question. ;) :D

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, lordy, not THAT!:O:lol:
Chameleon, I carry a Leatherman off duty, and am not allowed a cutting instrument of any kind on duty. They get a little strange about kinves floating around the yard....like why I leave my gun outside, too....All I get there is cuffs and OC. I don't have any "combat" or "survival" knives, as the cheap ones don't last, and I don't have any bucks for good ones.
Yes, I use the same pistol/holster on off duty, but will be trying a new IWB rig from a new company here soon. I will be posting pics and reviews. Summertime here, an OWB holster becomes difficult to conceal!

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ditto - good photography Pylon! i just use cheap disposable cameras - if I had a good one, I wouldn't know what to do with it!;)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Here is a pic of my wife with her Para and her Carry Serpa, obviously not the carry angle she employs nor the common clothing. As is evident by the seocnd pic, it prints just a lil bit.

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
She loves her 1911, just a lil difficult to conceal but adamant about carrying a full size. I am going to look at a NightHawk Custom Talon III for her.

Bumper thanks for the compliment :kay:

~A

·
Registered
868 Posts
Originally posted by APachon
She loves her 1911, just a lil difficult to conceal but adamant about carrying a full size. I am going to look at a NightHawk Custom Talon III for her.

Bumper thanks for the compliment :kay:

~A
APachon-would not change a thing, just keep her in .45 ammo:lol: Its great to have a wife able to back you up when needed, do you guys shoot IDPA? I understand some matches are for husband/wives to work together going through a house clearing scenerio? Hand signals are developed to aid when working as a team. Good to see women and .45's.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
FortyFive, Right now she is soley working on accuracy and a slight increase in shot speed. We have visited our local IDPA/IPSC/USPSA location and she was all antsy to participate. I have been loading her mags with snap caps to get her accustom to clearing her pistol with some exegency as well. I figure it is best to take little steps and not inundate her with a ton fo stuff. But she is receptive to the idea of membership to Front Sight :kay:.

I showed her that post with the Center Axis Rock technique and she mentioned she would like to give that a go. We went to hoser cam sight and see saw a few of the scenarios and she is jazzed to try it.

~A

·
Registered
868 Posts
Really good, sounds like her instructor is tops:kay: and she is betting a firm base. I don't care to shoot at organized events because it does bother my progress (I am slow). I sometimes go back to the snap caps to make myself pay attention and not flintch. Sounds good. I never was fast draw McGee, my holster is tight. See you. :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.