Defensive Carry banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow gunners, my first post here.
I received my CCW recently and am still waiting on my cc gun to arrive at my local gun shop in Mebane, NC.
I ordered a S & W 340 PD back in June and it has still not come in. However, they have a 340 M&P with Crimson Trace they are willing to make an even swap since I have waited so long. I'm not sure if I want to do this. I have some questions about the Crimson Trace laser sight.

Any overall opions are greatly appreciated but these are my initial concerns..
battery life
accuracy of laser
bulkiness
finding a holster for it

If you have experience with these two guns and can address my concerns I would be very grateful. Thanks!
Thomis from NC

·
Administrator
21,270 Posts
Take it run, if you don't like the laser, sell it (the laser grips, not the gun) and replace the grips with whatever you want.

Battery life depends on use. If you're right handed, holster fit shouldn't be an issue.

There's very little extra bulk, it's about the same size as other rubberish grips.

The accuracy depends on you. If your trigger control is good, and you know how to shoot a snub, you'll be fine. If you've never shot a snub before, don't even turn the laser on at the range and learn how to run the gun.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I received my CCW recently and am still waiting on my cc gun to arrive at my local gun shop in Mebane, NC.
I ordered a S & W 340 PD back in June and it has still not come in. However, they have a 340 M&P with Crimson Trace they are willing to make an even swap since I have waited so long. I'm not sure if I want to do this. I have some questions about the Crimson Trace laser sight.

battery life
accuracy of laser
bulkiness
finding a holster for it

If you have experience with these two guns and can address my concerns I would be very grateful. Thanks!
Thomis from NC
Make the swap!!!! The 340 M&P is a gem of a gun and I love mine. I don't have the laser sight grips on mine so I can't speak to your concerns regarding them, but if you don't like them you can always replace them.
as for holsters, it depends on how you want to carry. there are a bunch of really good pocket and IWB holsters out there to choose from. It just depends on how you want to carry and how much money you want to spend on a holster.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have the M&P and the only difference is 2 oz due to the titanium cylinder on the PD. Plus the M&P comes with the Big Dot Tritium front sight. My friend has the PD and it is not different enough to know it. Plus I like the Steel cylinder a little better. Just dont shoot under 110 grain in Magnum loadings. They say it will erode the cylinder. It is an excellent carry piece. GO FOR IT!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
make the trade, the M&P is a good handgun. crimson grips are very nice. I have 3 sets of them on different guns that I own. they have a wind and elevation adjustment so you can sight them in at any distance and yes they work awesome.

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
It depends upon what you REALLY want...if you can live with the offer...then, take it...I would!:yup:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I would take it....they are giving you the lazer!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Definitely take the trade. Excellent revolver and free laser. That's like 200 bucks in your pocket.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I have some questions about the Crimson Trace laser sight.

Any overall opinions are greatly appreciated but these are my initial concerns..
battery life
accuracy of laser
bulkiness
finding a holster for it

Thomis from NC
Welcome to the forum! Revolvers aren't my forte really. The CT lasergrips? I may look into this for my wife's upcoming G26 actually. Not bulky at all...battery life? If you buy one new, CT will supply you the batteries for free as long as you own it. Battery life? Not sure, but it has to be a very long run time. Finding a holster for a pistol with CT lasergrip shouldn't be a problem for most since the thing basically is all on the grip which should be mostly exposed with any carry method. IMO, I think you ought to take the deal.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
battery life
accuracy of laser
bulkiness
finding a holster for it

yes take the trade its in your favor and CT laser grips are an outstanding addition to this gun, and there is no issues with finding a holster, and battery life is good if you are not playing around with the handgun all the time. The laser is very easy to sight in and very well made.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts