Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - you have done your mandatory practice session with carry piece/pieces - time now to enjoy some relaxation. I'll assume most will enjoy their .22's - who doesn't!

But what else is ''up there'' on your fun list?

I (like Bud I'd say) have to break out 454, 45-70 BFR, 44 mag etc and have some recoil therapy. The CX4 Storm will also be an enjoyable workout.

Then with longarms - a good session with the FAL will be good too, as will AK excercize (tho ammo supply aspects are cutting me back on too much ''burning''! Gotta keep stocks sensible). Now and again some milsurp thru the old Jungle Carbine will generate some grin as will the Hakim.

So what's your fun menu? (rfurtkamp probably need not reply - I have a feeling I know what his choices might be :wink: !)

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
i like to break out a 38 shoot some round there and the 625 course the big loud and boomers if im in doors

outside the ar-15 , Cetme cx4 storm and tommygun sometimes the 300win mag for fun

·
Registered
46 Posts
We like to bring out the shotguns and break some clays. I use a Winchester 1300, my son (24) uses a Winchester 1400 and my youngest daughter (18) uses a youth Remington 870. That's what I call real quality time with the kids.

RH

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Socom II for a real kick in the pants....
also 1886 Winchester 45-70 for a few lever action thrills...
SRH in 454 is fun as is the Stag 16" m4-gery (if I'm in the mood to do alot of cleaning...)

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard - looks like you gotta go play more :wink:

Ahh yes too - mention of shotties - true enough another nice diversion - scat some clays - always good if everything set up for it.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
usualy a bull barrell 10-22 or two , then since i have a lot of ammo for it a mosin gets a bit of play , just whateaver i drag out that day have several sks , stg 58 fal , original trapdoor springfield , whateaver comes to mind that day lol

·
Registered
822 Posts
My enjoyment comes at a high price. After the 'mandatory' practice with my carry guns I break out the C&R's.

My fav. is the Luger in .30 (I wanted the original cal. don't ask me why).

Then it's the Star Model Super in 9mm Largo, the 1923 Nagant (pistol, year of 1923 is the date of manufacture), and the CZ-52. If I remember it I fire the Vaquero .45LC but I have to bring my cowboy rig :biggrin:

For longguns it's the AR-15, the SKS Sporter and the Shotgun. The 30-40 Krag is fun also, I love to fire off a couple of rounds then open the trap door and reload it while still sighting down range.

I was thinking of buying a BFP ( :biggrin: ) in either 45-70 or the new S&W .500 just for S&G's. Fire off a cylinder just to go "WOW" and then put it up until I need a recoil fix.

Wayne

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
SKS and AK. Ammo is cheap and the shooting is fun. 10-22's are also good. Gotta load up the mags beforehand, though; thumb gets awful sore.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I have an old Siamese Mauser that has been converted to .45-70. Sucker really booms, and everyone at the range wants to give it a try!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Haha - 45-70 is creeping in LOL! I shoulda mentioned and included my 45-70 Ruger #1 too!

Wayne -
I was thinking of buying a BFP :)wink:) in either 45-70 or the new S&W .500 just for S&G's.
It's BFR dude! :wink: Oh and yes - get yourself one one day - any big cal will do :18:

·
Administrator
143,580 Posts
I like messing w/ a Winchester lever action & .22 & of course love ripping out some 12 SLUGS.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
& of course love ripping out some 12 SLUGS
You should try some 12 snails too QK - the sound of the shells crackin' up is just great! :wink: :18:

·
Registered
569 Posts
We break out the 22 rifles in the backyard and hunt ground squirrels, gophors and such. The cat usually does better than I do, he averages 3 to 4 a day. Shooting blocks of ice with the 22's is fun too. Until my buddy blows the block with his 44 magnum. Since I got my 17 year old daughter to shoot the 9mm Ruger she says the 22's are boring.....

·
Registered
822 Posts
Chris,

My apologizes, BFR's :biggrin:

Dan, now that is an interesting piece you have there. Hadn't seen that model before.

Chris, the 45-70, about how much was that? I have about 10 rounds of 45-70 left over from when I owned a single shot (forget the model/make) and well, it just wouldn't be right to just throw them away now would it.

Also, will the 45-70 fire .45LC? I think that I read/heard that you could. Not sure if IRC on that one.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
AR-15 with about 500 rds. of wolf.
Set up clay birds at 100 yards and blast away.
:banana:

·
Super Moderator
22,003 Posts
I love shootin' 45/70s, just not in handguns. :wink:

·
Registered
606 Posts
If im out to burn up ammo I take the ak or the tec22. Also the mossberg 500 does an awesome job of destroying pumpkins after halloween if your lookin for fun!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts