Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not trying to Bash another Site. What I want to report is Carry Concealed is not up to date. They are reporting incorrect info that can get someone arrested. They are still reporting that Nevada honors a Utah and Florida permit. This has not been true since on or about July 1, 2009. I do not believe anyone is keeping the site up. The news sections last entry is January 2009. They are not reporting additional Reciprocity agreements for the last 6 months. Not reporting them will not get someone arrested. Reporting that states will honor a permit that they don't can. I am making this post because I see ConcealedCarry.net posted as a source for info on many Forums. I don't want to see anyone lose their rights to carry because of something in error on a website.

I have emailed CarryConcealed.net twice telling them of their errors and to please correct them. Especially that Nevada will not honor a Utah and Florida Permit. I have received no reply. Don't trust what you see on any website. Use them as a source to guide you to state sources etc. Go to the source for the state you want info about. Never forget that ignorance of the law is not defense. No LEO or Judge is going to take into consideration that carry is legal etc because you read it on the internet.

Again I am not trying to bash ConcealedCarry.net. If you take on the task of supplying information on firearms you must keep it up to date and if not you need to take it all down. I have been supplying info on Firearm Laws for 15 years now and I have received many emails over the years and people see what is on the net and believe it is true. Do be careful out there.

Here is the link to The State of Nevada's Web site that lists the states they honor. You will see that Utah and Florida are not listed.You can check out ConcealedCarry.net and see for yourself.
Nevada Department of Public Safety

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yep, its been outdated for a while.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Thanks for the info, but a word to all those reading these forums, DO NOT take gun law info for states you're planning on visiting form ANY forum...go directly to the state in question and read up...OMOYMV

·
Registered
44 Posts
If the site is showing erroneous information and is not being kept up,it needs to be bashed.Thank you for letting us know about it.:twak:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Thanks for the info, but a word to all those reading these forums, DO NOT take gun law info for states you're planning on visiting form ANY forum...go directly to the state in question and read up...
Precisely. Caveat emptor.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Thanks for the info Gary. Your right, anything on an internet forum is reference only, if you want the the absolute correct information go directly to the pertinent website to research it.

·
Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Anyone looking for more than a quick reference needs to go to that states official site. Here in Virginia I would go to the VSP website.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
I've never visited that site before, but thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Good warning!

It's always best to get your information from the State itself and not some other web site. :wink:

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I want to add one item. A few years back the State of Arkansas State Police had Massachusetts listed as a state they had reciprocity with. This was an official state site. It took me 4 months to get them to remove it. Then in the last year one of the Dakotas (I think it was North Dakota) but not sure which one listed Massachusetts as a state they had reciprocity with. It only took me one phone call to get them to remove it. So even a states official site can have errors. The thing is in Massachusetts it is a mandatory one year in jail for carrying a firearm without a valid permit. So always be in condition yellow.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't know, I just visited the site, and it is up for sale. It isn't operational anymore. Issue closed.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I cleared my cashe and the site came up for me and I saw nothing about it being for sale.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Nevada does not honor permits from ANY other states. At least this is what a Nevada site says.
No sir, that's incorrect...

Out of State Carry Concealed Weapon Permit Recognition for Nevada

Effective July 1, 2009

In accordance with NRS 202.3689 (effective October 1, 2007) the State of Nevada will recognize the following States' CCW permit holders:

Alaska
Arkansas
Kansas
Louisiana
Michigan
Missouri
Nebraska
Ohio
Tennessee
West Virginia

This law allows holders of valid permits from these states to carry a concealed weapon while in the State of Nevada. The permit must be in the possession of the issue at all times while carrying a firearm.

Please note that Nevada no longer recognizes CCW permits issued by Utah and Florida. For additional information, please refer to the Nevada Sheriffs’ and Chiefs’ Association press release link: NVSCA CCW Press Release

CCW Prohibited Locations defined by NRS 202.3673

1 - 18 of 18 Posts