Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am a younger guy and average size..., about 5' 9", 180lbs, and i am having issues finding a good IWB carry and cant position, with a crossbreed supertuck holster... any suggestions? pics will come soon enough

·
Super Moderator
19,885 Posts
I know this will sound like heresy in light of all the rave reviews the CB-ST gets, but - have you tried a more compact holster, such as the Summer Special by Milt Sparks? That design is emulated by nearly every major holster maker, such as DeSantis and Galco, and you won't have to wait 6 months for it. (That said, I'd prefer the Sparks...)

It's a lot more compact than the Supertuck, and might conform better to your anatomy.

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
First of all, remember that that is a relatively big handgun. You are not going to have the "it just disappeared" feeling. That being said, try to cant the grip as far forward as possible. Then try to position it behind your hip - almost to the small of your back - then bring it as far forward as you can while testing for comfort and concealment.

Lastly, comfort is a mindset. Will you be more comfortable with the XDm on your hip or in the safe?

Good luck.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I use a desantis "Cozy Partner" every day for carrying my XDm. I usually have no problems with concealability at 3:30 or 3:00. I am 5'8" and about 170 lbs - the holster provides a fairly robust forward cant, and the loops are pretty close together with allows it to move a little bit along with me as I do day to day tasks.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
With a little work, one can carry almost anything. You may have to buy an extra holster or two (that's why they invented the holster box) and learn to adjust your clothing.
Enjoy the search!:danceban::wave:

I use this for IWB... FIST, INC.

·
Banned
86 Posts
Concealed Rocket Launcher Carry

With a little work, one can carry almost anything. You may have to buy an extra holster or two (that's why they invented the holster box) and learn to adjust your clothing.
Enjoy the search!:danceban::wave:

I use this for IWB... FIST, INC.
How about a concealed rocket launcher: Texas Congress passes concealed rocket launcher bill | Texas Travesty

Guess you would have to wear a full length Burka over a highly modified SmartCarry concealed holster: http://smartcarry.com/.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i'm 6' 220lbs and my 4" XD practically disappears at 3:30 with a 15-20 degree cant. I can tell its there and feel like its very obvious, but everyone i've asked said the had no idea until i asked them.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The concealed rocket launcher law is set to go into effect in mid-October. Until then, Texans with concealed-carry licenses are encouraged to set up targets behind their trailer homes for practice, and to educate their children as how to properly load an rocket-propelled grenade.
:rofl: Trailer home rocket launcher practice! Oh, that's just too good!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I made an IWB holster for a XDm which hides it great. It is about as thin in the waist band as you can get for that size of pistol. Take a look on Soutforkholsters.com under the Bobcat 2. It sits at a 15degree cant and should be worn about the four o’clock position. I think you made a great choice with the XDm as I got the chance to put a mag or two through it and it shot great. I was surprised how large this pistol is, almost the same size as a Glock 19, but it didn’t feel that big in the hand. It was new out of the box when I shot it and after 200 rounds it never experienced a failure. I was impressed. I hope your experience is the same.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Sorry Rocky, I found this thread a bit late. :embarassed:
Yes that is my post that Rocky linked above. It is still true today as it was then. I carry my XDm40 with me everyday all day in a Black Ops Pro from Pure Kustom. It conceals well and is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. I have actually ordered a second from Rocky! If you need a holster that will stand out among the others, is comfortable, is EASY to hide a large weapon, and reliable, then check out Rocky at Pure Kustom. :yup:

Oh, and tell him I sent ya!! :wave:

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Sorry Rocky, I found this thread a bit late. :embarassed:
Yes that is my post that Rocky linked above. It is still true today as it was then. I carry my XDm40 with me everyday all day in a Black Ops Pro from Pure Kustom. It conceals well and is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. I have actually ordered a second from Rocky! If you need a holster that will stand out among the others, is comfortable, is EASY to hide a large weapon, and reliable, then check out Rocky at Pure Kustom. :yup:

Oh, and tell him I sent ya!! :wave:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like the VM2 from Milt Sparks. I know there is a 6 months wait for it, but I was luck enough to find a gentleman on GunBroker.com that had one for sale. They are well worth the money and the wait.

It makes my XD45C and XD45 Service model disappear like it was not there. It is one of the most comfortable holster I have ever had. Now I have to find one for my Sig P229.

·
Registered
541 Posts
well im 5'7" 185 and I carry a XD40 in either a serpa or a custom Fist holster. Both carry great, but I carry both OC and CC.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a XD9 service that I use with a crossbreed, blackhawk leather hoslter, or a serpa. I have no issues with any of the holsters. I love the crossbreed, especcially with it warmer. Just a t-shirt and I am good to go. I use the blackhawk or serpa sometimes for cc with a coat of when ocing. I am 6'2" about 200 lbs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts