Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed lately that people are getting more aggressive here in MN. Driving, obscene comments out the windows, and even trying to intimidate others in a store. It is getting pretty bad and I don't know what to think of it. I have had 4 close calls where I have almost drawn in the last month and it makes you think, are people losing it? I am glad I carry, and I will never give up my right to, unless of course I become a felon, but I don't see that happening haha. Recently my wife got her CCW permit and she is carrying too, makes me relieved a little I guess.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I can relate to that, I drive over 700 miles every day, 6 days a week, I travel one or two states a day and let me tell you 5 out of ten drivers have some kind of derrogatory "sign' (finger flip) or words for other drivers. **Consider this; the drivers that recieved the "flip" are usually driving the "posted speed limit"

·
Registered
0 Posts
Maybe someone out there has read something, somewhere about what I'm about to ask;; The new law about the concealed weapon "reciprocity act" within the states was signed and passed. Concerning the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations; there is no information as to the concealed carry in commercial motor vehicles thru out the contiguous 48 states. Only a few big companies prohibited weapons in their vehicles (and they stated it in their manuals) , others do not even mentioned it. Is there anyone out there that could share some light on this fact ? ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also live in the land of 10,000. Lived here most of my life, a few years away during military duty, I believe the state is getting many others due to the fact we are getting overcrowded in the Metro and people just can't cope. They are getting rude and obnoxious. Remember, don't pull unless you are in grave danger. It is not a scare tool, it is a lifesaver and you must be in a situation where there is no other means.

Be Careful out there and take most of it with a grain of salt. The finger wavers are just showing you how many legitimate parents they have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have found yourself in that type of situation 4 times in the last month you may want to reconsider where your hanging out.

Please read dbrow6272's words carefully.

Not at all trying to be a smart *** but this is serious stuff we cannot undo once done.When you draw your weapon you are committed - even if you don't have to pull the trigger-and seriously I hope you never have to.

Think about what you would do or would have done in exactly the same situation before you started to CC---what do you consider a close call?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sadly I would suspect that your state is becoming infested with the dreaded 'assholious-californiaus' bug. These used to migrate only as far as Nevada, Arizona, and so forth but of late these pesky irritants have moved further East. There are several methods of eradication but the best is a new spray called "common sense", once exposed to this the 'assholious-californiaus' but often curls up and dies... or runs back to the head bug, MoonBeam assholious... good luck with your program.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You know I think about this all the time, what is the outcome? Not to run and hide-but stand your ground-in a smart way. Pick your battles-I have gone to another regestier to avoid a conflict with the young disrespectful punk in line, or a group of them for that matter. They are not worth my time especialy sitting in a cell in prison. I feel for you-be smart-we all know that once the round leaves the barrel you can't reach out there and put it back in the mag and head back to the house....stay safe!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not a thing you mentioned is a reason to even consider drawing your weapon. Unless your life or that of your family is in danger of grievous bodily harm, rape, kidnap do you ever pull your gun. Without any further info I believe you are not of a proper mindset to be carrying or even owning. You may be the pot calling the kettle black here and need some anger management classes of your own.

Read Massad Ayoob's book "In The Gravest Extreme"

·
Registered
8 Posts
A very good book I read once, when I bought my SW model 410, was titled _Howto own a gun and stay out of jail._ It depicts almost every know fable of when to shoot and when not to a very good source of that life changing decision of when to apply about seven pounds of force or not to. Written by a LAYWER. Give this book a glance; it opened my eyes!

·
Banned
106 Posts
don't be so quick on the draw....only if your life is in danger....I've drawn my gun once, I was on the ground being beaten by six men.....I don't think I would ever draw a gun on someone due to talk or verbal threats.....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Gotta be careful about brandishing. I´d be servile, wimpy, cowardly etc., but I wouldnt pull unless they went for my wife or kids, or if they told me to turn around after I gave them my wallet. If I were alone, I´d try to run and escape before I pulled. If you ding someone, you may win in court, but you will be sued by every single white trash common law wife and illegitimate child that a sueém lawyer can produce in an endless litany of wrongful death lawsuits...

·
Registered
54 Posts
It will come out if I tell you to back off and you don't or you try causeing harm to me or my family stand your ground carry safe carry on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts