• Two or More

Votes: 4 1.9%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOT for LEO's

I am curious how many CCW's carry BUG's.
I excude LEO's because I presume / hope they all do.
I'm not yet sure how I will carry my primary, much less a BUG.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
Actually some police departments prohibit their officers from carrying backup weapons. I just purchased mine yesterday.

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
I checked 'no'...as I can count on one hand the number of times in the last 9 years. I prefer back up mags...:image035:

·
Registered
103 Posts
S&W 38 Chief's Special that was my Grandfathers BUG when he was LEO. I've only carried twice and once was to try it out. The wife doesn't like it when I go to areas where I feel like I need a BUG, so if I can avoid I do.

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
No bug, just a spare magazine for my primary weapon.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
No matter what I carry as a primary I keep my Kel Tec P32 in my weak-side back pocket. Always a spare mag, speedloader or moon clip for the primary. Almost never for the BUG.

·
Registered
24 Posts
when i am not just goin to work, which is only one day a week, i carry my sp101 in an ankle holster.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I am a reserve LEO, on duty always carry a BUG. Off duty one on me, another in the car along with a carbine or a SD shotgun. I live in a rural area and off duty I carry a 1911 ether full size or a Colt office model along with one spare mag, also have a small grab bag the carries patrol radio, BUG two spare mags for it and one for the 1911, a set of handcuffs, multi-tool and GPS unit. My wife has her CCW permit and will carry her's or use my BUG. Yes Boy Scouts be prepared. Myself and most all officers in the department feel everyone who can legaly do so should carry.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Since retirement I just don't see the need for a back up gun for me . . .obviously some may think otherwise and I respect their decision.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts