Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well there's no admission charged and they don't sell or consume alcohol on the premises. I'm taking Bunny Jr. to the orchard tomorrow to pick our own apples. Which means two things:

1) It's officially Fall
2) It's not an apple-picking trip until I fall out of a tree.

I swear this has been an annual tradition. :redface:

So I'm thinking about staying out of the trees this year. Still haven't found a really comfortable CC method yet...think OC would freak everyone out too bad? Maybe I should just wear a sweatshirt for cover.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Obey gravity, it's the LAW!

Seriously, go with the sweatshirt and stay on the ground. Happy apple season.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Hey Bunny, it is still technically summer. Don't rush it. I love summer and I hope you enjoy this year's apples! (My wife thinks it's fall too.) Have fun and don't let the kid see you fall out of the tree. jh

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Yea, Use your OC rig and a big shirt. Plus its been a little cool around here the last few days.

Good luck, and don't forget the cider.

·
Registered
287 Posts
You cant be a Tigeress (sheepdog just aint the right word) with a broke wing...stay on terra firma,make Hunter do the monkey work.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I'm going on vacation tomorrow and will be in NC for a day or two in a couple of weeks. If I hear or read anything about a woman with a gun falling out of an apple tree, I'll know who it was! :gah:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Bunny, it is still technically summer. Don't rush it. I love summer and I hope you enjoy this year's apples! (My wife thinks it's fall too.) Have fun and don't let the kid see you fall out of the tree. jh
Are you kidding, that's the only reason he still goes! Apparently it's very entertaining to see Mom fall on her cotton tail. Last time, I was standing UNDER the tree (brushing myself off from the fall) and my brother shakes a limb -- a ton of apples fell on my head. I thought the two of them were going to hemorrhage, they laughed so hard.

This oughtta be interesting.

·
Registered
371 Posts
your post reminded me of the story in NC
not long ago maybe a year or two at most
where 3 men were shot and killed in or near
the christmas tree farm they owned.
Never know where you may need a gun
even if just picking apples

·
Registered
643 Posts
I have seen birds and squirrels in trees but never a bunny. Have fun with your son. They grow up so fast. :hand10:

·
Administrator
143,599 Posts
When life deals you apples....make applesauce. :biggrin2:

OWB with a long baggy sweatshirt should do it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
How about deep concealment in a bunny suit? :smile:

MTee

Attachments

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, well, we're back, OWB with a baggy sweatshirt, stolen from Mr. Bunny, worked quite well. I stayed mostly on the ground to manage the gigantic beasts. Everyone loved the beasts. Our little one managed to sneak a few ground apples, I think she's a little tipsy now. She staggered back to the car and was slurring her woofs.

The Big beast didn't steal any apples, but he guarded some of the "good" trees for us.

But yes, it was all good. Thanks for the advice.

We ended up with three pecks or one bushel...I can't do farm math real well. And this week will be spent making apple pie, apple butter, candied apples, caramel apples, and apple cake with maple caramel glaze.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about deep concealment in a bunny suit? :smile:

MTee
I tried that last week, and all these small children looked very confused...and then they tried to mug me, screaming about chocolate eggs. What gives?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Real nice looking helpers you got working the orchard with you.:rolleyes:

Is it me or do the apples seem to be a bit under sized?

How many bushels did you pick? Whats the plan, hard cider?:hand5:

·
Banned
303 Posts
And this week will be spent making apple pie, apple butter, candied apples, caramel apples, and apple cake with maple caramel glaze.

And what was your street address again???!!!:image035::image035:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Thanks for the reminder Bunny, our trees are loaded and ready to be picked.

It's gonna be an apple pie fall. Yum!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried that last week, and all these small children looked very confused...and then they tried to mug me, screaming about chocolate eggs. What gives?
hehe. That sounds like you skipped Winter and went straight to spring! :smile:

Now Bunny, do as Gunny would and tenderize them apples with yer 9. :danceban:

MTee

1 - 20 of 31 Posts