Defensive Carry banner

141 - 158 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Well at least we got away from the virus and political threads.
Probably the only time I found a "I'm right, you're wrong" thread refreshing.
Thread was not intended as "I'm right, you're wrong".
Its to encourage not settling for less when one doesn't have to.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I carry depending on what I conceal the best on that day. It depends on what clothing I will be wearing and the level of physical activity I will be doing that day. If I expect to be bending over a lot I tend to carry something smaller that I have to worry less about my shirt coming up over the grip. I will sometimes even conceal a Glock 20 if it prints a little bit or gets exposed it will not cause any issues.

The safe area thing can be misleading. The 2 times that I have come the closest to needing a firearm to defend myself both had to do with dogs and both times were in my yard. One was when I was raking some gravel out in my driveway and I think the rake in my hand might have deterred the dog from doing anything and the other time it was a matter of shutting our front door to keep the dog from coming inside. I live in a very safe area and our property is extremely safe unless I get to cutting down trees.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I carry depending on what I conceal the best on that day. It depends on what clothing I will be wearing and the level of physical activity I will be doing that day. If I expect to be bending over a lot I tend to carry something smaller that I have to worry less about my shirt coming up over the grip. I will sometimes even conceal a Glock 20 if it prints a little bit or gets exposed it will not cause any issues.

The safe area thing can be misleading. The 2 times that I have come the closest to needing a firearm to defend myself both had to do with dogs and both times were in my yard. One was when I was raking some gravel out in my driveway and I think the rake in my hand might have deterred the dog from doing anything and the other time it was a matter of shutting our front door to keep the dog from coming inside. I live in a very safe area and our property is extremely safe unless I get to cutting down trees.
RE: dogs. I recently got a Labradoodle and am constantly on walks with her. I've started carrying OC spray whenever I go on walks now as I feel it will be effective enough for most dogs, and will give me a better option than taking potshots at a pernicious puppy

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
perhaps people are just as capable as you in determining what they should, need, want and are willing to carry. You assume quite a lot if you are seemingly marginalizing those decisions as settling for less when they don't have to.

If you want to carry the same gun in every conceivable circumstance.. great, there is nothing wrong with that. If someone else is willing to reduce defensive capabilities when the perceived risks are deemed less, that is not some foreign concept. It is something that is done all around the world with issues equally as important if not more so. Whether or not a person is competent in properly assessing the risks involved in any particular circumstance, is on them. We are after all talking about a persons personal self defense endeavors.

as you seem to have plenty of them, I think my comment deserves an animated gif. Thank you

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
perhaps people are just as capable as you in determining what they should, need, want and are willing to carry. You assume quite a lot if you are seemingly marginalizing those decisions as settling for less when they don't have to.

If you want to carry the same gun in every conceivable circumstance.. great, there is nothing wrong with that. If someone else is willing to reduce defensive capabilities when the perceived risks are deemed less, that is not some foreign concept. It is something that is done all around the world with issues equally as important if not more so. Whether or not a person is competent in properly assessing the risks involved in any particular circumstance, is on them. We are after all talking about a persons personal self defense endeavors.

as you seem to have plenty of them, I think my comment deserves an animated gif. Thank you

Reactions: OD* and OldVet

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts

I have one for you there, Fizban!
6896lXc.gif

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #151

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
My carry philosophy is: Of the concealable pistols I own, carry one I would prefer in hand if I had to defend myself.
There is nowhere I would prefer to defend my life a 38 snub/LCP rather than a Glock 19/23 (or 1911) and I carry accordingly.
No, you still need a regular gun in the good areas. But according to some I've heard from, if it's just a quick run to the store, a pellet pistol is more than adequate.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
No, you still need a regular gun in the good areas. But according to some I've heard from, if it's just a quick run to the store, a pellet pistol is more than adequate.
:ROFLMAO:

I've seen someone post that they carry a NAA 22 o_O for quick trip to store ect...
Its like a newbie buying a pistol and getting FMJ for SD despite the dealer telling them to get HP.
I try to encourage better, but the potential effect of them being lackadaisical won't impact me.
Me: Carry the concealable pistol you would prefer to defend yourself with anywhere, everywhere. (y)
Some people when they read that:

Reactions: OD*

·
Registered
79 Posts
since I don't have an M113 with a .50 ma duce mounted on it. I suppose I will have to settle for less in the neighborhoods I have no intention of visiting anyway,
besides the gas bill would bankrupt me

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
since I don't have an M113 with a .50 ma duce mounted on it. I suppose I will have to settle for less in the neighborhoods I have no intention of visiting anyway,
besides the gas bill would bankrupt me
What you carry .... in places you don't go.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #157

·
Registered
16 Posts
I make a point of carrying anywhere I go now even if it's just to the mailbox, to get into the habit of carrying and get comfortable with having a loaded weapon on me.

141 - 158 of 158 Posts