Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the Hi Power loop for awhile now and I got the itch back and bought a MKII. I am looking for input on comfortable carry methods for it. I am used to IWB and carry a P7 frequently this way. I am concerned about the HPs longer barrel and impeding on sitting down.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I carry a full size 1911 daily in a Milt sparks VM 2. i have no issues with the long barrel making it hard to sit down. I have also carried it in a summer special 2, but I find the way the VM 2 spreads out the weight more comfortable.

So, get a good VM 2 or VM 2 style holster and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I carry a full size 1911 daily in a Milt sparks VM 2. i have no issues with the long barrel making it hard to sit down. I have also carried it in a summer special 2, but I find the way the VM 2 spreads out the weight more comfortable.

So, get a good VM 2 or VM 2 style holster and you should be good to go.
Very good advice. HBE Specialty Leatherworks COM III is every bit as good as the MS VM II for less money and a much shorter wait.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HBE Specialty Leatherworks COM III is every bit as good as the MS VM II for less money and a much shorter wait.
I was thinking of getting the HBE Com III

I dont have one but I tried one out for my P7 and it was quite good. I already have the VMII for that one though. Got lucky on that one.

·
Registered
6,865 Posts
I carry a HP standard in a Milt Sparks “#1 Heritage” and it works very well. I used to carry it in a VM 2, but the body’s perspiration constantly made ugly white marks on the holster (I live in south Florida); I also felt that the VM 2 was too “clumsy”. When I need a tuckable IWB use a High Noon “Tail Gate” in horsehide, which is a beautiful holster. However, I do not like the High Noon’s mag carrier “Tie Breaker”; it rides way to high and then it is very uncomfortable. Just my two cents.

·
Premium Member
6,539 Posts
I have carried a Hi-Power IWB for years with no comfort issues whatsoever, and I am not tall (although I am a bit bigger in the middle than I would like :embarassed:).

·
Banned
5,252 Posts
I have been out of the Hi Power loop for awhile now and I got the itch back and bought a MKII. I am looking for input on comfortable carry methods for it. I am used to IWB and carry a P7 frequently this way. I am concerned about the HPs longer barrel and impeding on sitting down.
Howdy Earl. :wave:

I carry a P-35 most days and depending upon my dress and what I'm doing that day will use one of three IWB Holsters:

Milt Sparks Summer Special II (Range/House)
Kramer Horsehide IWB#3 (General Use/Most used)
Milt Sparks Watch Six (Maximum concealment)

I'm a huge fan of the P-35 and have been carrying mine for the past year. I've not found the size to be any harder to carry than some other commonly carried handguns, like the Glock 19 or 1911.

Biker

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't carry a HiPower but I do carry a full frame 1911 IWB everyday, I actually find it more comfortable compared to some shorter barrelled guns. Main reason is the barrel tucks behind my hip rather than sitting on top of it, or at least that's my theory. Either way makes it my choice for carry, thought about a commander or officers model for ages but I think the full frame will stay my carry gun for years to come.

Luke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts