Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting to know if anyone has carried without a holster. Money is tight right now and i don't have a holster for my glock 30 but i want to carry it. The other day i carried it just stuck in my belt for a little while (not chambered). It wasn't as uncomfortable as i thought it would be.

Has anyone else done this. Is it a bad idea. And are there any tips till i get a holster.

·
Registered
368 Posts
bad idea, especially with a glock (no safety) your shirt or something could get in the trigger guard.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, but dont you HAVE to use a holster for CC atleast in Ohio?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I personally think it's a bad idea. Anything can happen. You could probably get like an Uncle Mike's of something similar for like $10. That's like a coke a day for a week. That'll get you by until money loosens up a bit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
very BAD idea. I don't know your situation exactly, but Uncle Mike's holsters are about $12. And even as hard as $12 may be able to spend for some people, it's much cheaper than having an incident with your firearm. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I personally think it's a bad idea. Anything can happen. You could probably get like an Uncle Mike's of something similar for like $10. That's like a coke a day for a week. That'll get you by until money loosens up a bit.
I agree. I'd NEVER do that. It's a terrible idea to carry without a proper holster

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
I carried a G26 without a holster for about 3 months,..although it did have a Clipdraw attached to it. I never felt unsafe or felt the need to be extra cautious.

The only issue was that the 26 shifted position quite frequently, which led me to purchase a holster.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
two very bad ideas.
Get a holster. and a gun not ready for your defence is a club.

when you get a good holster, carry one in the pipe.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I carried a G26 without a holster for about 3 months,..although it did have a Clipdraw attached to it. I never felt unsafe or felt the need to be extra cautious.

The only issue was that the 26 shifted position quite frequently, which led me to purchase a holster.
No. Very dangerous. Especially with a Glock. I think the clip draw is an awful idea for the Glock as well, for the same reasons. A snag or a wayward poke from anything can = BOOM.

·
Registered
737 Posts
OP

Surely you can dig in the couch cushings and in the junk drawers for change, maybe find some cans to sell or something to afford a $10. holster. Don't take a chance with your current situation. That cheap holster would seem real cheap if God forbid something like an ND occurred because the trigger hung on your clothes or it slips through the waist band and you try to catch it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I have a small universal type Desantis. I'll check after work late tonight and see if it will work with the Glock, and it's yours if you want it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have a small universal type Desantis. I'll check after work late tonight and see if it will work with the Glock, and it's yours if you want it.
:35: Offering up a free holster; you sir, deserve a beer. :bier:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
:35: Offering up a free holster; you sir, deserve a beer. :bier:
No big deal Bfunk. My friends here have been good to me, and I like to return the favor when I can. Especially for someone's safety.

But I'll still take that beer! :bier:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like daddy maker and the boys to remain undamaged. No way I would carry w/out a holster.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah I would go with a BIG no on that. I was just reading an article about this in Gun's and Ammo. It's just not save at all. Nice of Arko to offer up a free holster if it fits.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Daanja daanja daanja... I have a Uncle Mikes #10 that will fit my pt-145 I use it for transport but if it will fit the 30 I'll ship it to you free so you don't lose the jewels.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Bad idea. UNsecured and with the trigger exposed you are asking for trouble. It can slide down your pants, trigger can get caught on something, lots of bad things can happen. As said earlier, a gun with an empty chamber is a false sense of security and only just another club or impact weapon in that state of unreadiness. You can get yourself a cheap holster ( Fobus, Uncle Mike or even softside nylon cheapo) as a temporary measure.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts