Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Well, not from La. but the way it reads you need consent period.
No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.
No mention of signs or postings.

I am sure some of our folks here from that state will explain it better. Or they can correct me if I am wrong.
Won't be the first time.

·
Premium Member
36,691 Posts
The statute as written is quite clear.

Reactions: ShooterGranny

·
Premium Member
8,113 Posts
Seems like about the clearest written piece of law I've read in a long time.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
< Deleted >
I am too late. :disappointed:

Apparently you must ask, based on prior replies.
Or you can leave your gun & principles.

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
I was on the original committe back in the early 80s that drafted the "shall" issue permit system in Louisiana. Once in the Legislature, some anti gun politicians made changes that few liked or wanted. One of those is the "Must advise" clause.

It passed and now carriers must tell the home resident that they are armed and request permission to enter.

If one carries openly, there is no need to advise.

However most carriers fail to advise and I have yet to find anyone that the clause created a problem for in any way. After a review of the problems that caused carriers to lose their permit or have them suspended, I cannot find even one that was due to failure to advise.

I do not want to suggest people violate the provisions of the concealed carry laws in Louisiana. All people need to obey any law. I will say that concealed is concealed and unless you plan on taking your clothes off in a residence, the resident should not know you are armed. Still a personal choice.

·
Registered
821 Posts
No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.

It does seem pretty clear. What word, exactly, is giving you comprehension problems? You can't bring a weapon into someone, even a friend's, private home without their consent.

·
Banned
4,084 Posts
Just curious.... If you do carry into a residence and don't ask, but are somehow discovered, what's the penalty? Can you be arrested if you leave when asked? Would it be a trespassing if you didn't leave? Or would it be a gun charge?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just curious.... If you do carry into a residence and don't ask, but are somehow discovered, what's the penalty? Can you be arrested if you leave when asked? Would it be a trespassing if you didn't leave? Or would it be a gun charge?
My guess (and only a guess) would be it is a gun charge since it violates the concealed carry law.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.