Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know, I wear a Kilt & carry DAILY.

Although there have been some Great discussions on "HOW" on this forum, I would like to offer this Idea.
I Know the Man who makes these & know the Quality ( He is also a DoD LEO @ a "restricted site in the S Pacific )

( this is NOT an AD, but for Info )

The Tactical War Kilt | Gun Blog

Puffer

·
Premium Member
7,579 Posts
OK. Please don't take this the wrong way. This is an honest question. Don't those things get.... well.... um.... drafty? I see you are in WA and kilts have been worn in cold climates for centuries. You obviously get snow and cold and rain (it is Washington after all), how does a kilt-wearer cope?

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
As many of you know, I wear a Kilt & carry DAILY.

Although there have been some Great discussions on "HOW" on this forum, I would like to offer this Idea.

Puffer
I could probably figure out "how", but my question would be "why".

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Frankly I’m not sure what the question is, but if has to do with concealment, I think the War Kilt provides better options than with pants.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK. Please don't take this the wrong way. This is an honest question. Don't those things get.... well.... um.... drafty? I see you are in WA and kilts have been worn in cold climates for centuries. You obviously get snow and cold and rain (it is Washington after all), how does a kilt-wearer cope?
No OFFENSE TAKEN :danceban:

In "reality" I have worn my Kilt often in sub freezing weather, & been actually "warmer"than if I had been wearing pants. If "properly done" the only "problem you will have is your KNEES ( In my case, They turn blue & match my kilt. :blink:) If you wish to email me for "more" PLEASE DO.

BTW, in that pic I am Carrying my 1911 ( OC )
Puffer

·
Super Moderator
18,131 Posts
Yo Puffer..

Does that kilt pattern reflect your family lineage? Just wondering. I know that different clans had different patterns.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In "reality" I have worn my Kilt often in sub freezing weather, & been actually "warmer"than if I had been wearing pants. If "properly done" the only "problem you will have is your KNEES ( In my case, They turn blue & match my kilt. :blink:) If you wish to email me for "more" PLEASE DO.
I'm not a daily kilt wearer, but I wear them more often than most and I have to agree. A good kilt combined with wool kilt hose is quite warm on a winters day.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
I dunno, maybe it's just me but the less I see of other men's legs the better I am.... :yup:

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
A good pocket holster will work just fine in the typical sporran, as well as in the pocket of a Utilikilt.

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Frankly I’m not sure what the question is, but if has to do with concealment, I think the War Kilt provides better options than with pants.
For what?:rofl:

No offense to anyone, but I don't do kilts. It must be one of those things you have to 'grow' into...:ticking:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A good pocket holster will work just fine in the typical sporran, as well as in the pocket of a Utilikilt.
Perhaps, Although I 'seldom carry in my sporran, even the 2 that are semi-design for that ( Access ) Although I several friends that do carry, as you said, in their Unikilts.

These Kilts are Designed for CC. & custom made for your req.s (check out His site)
A Fellow "kiltie" Who is an Inst. for a FED SWAT School, just got his. ( off duty wear) It has a built in holster for on the Rt. for full size Sig. ( convertible for a smaller gun ) It also has, a pocket for a BUG & also another for mags.

I have seen it & his "gear" is well concealed.

Puffer

·
Registered
236 Posts
Always wear a sporrans

A kilt without a sporrans is not decent.
They serve a real purpose.

Or carry a really big gun inside your pipes.

In my youth I need a knee length kilt, but now...:image035:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts